Chapter 2

Author’s POV

“Jeong Seok-yah… Eomma is here.” Jeongyeon shouted announcing her presence to her son.

Jeong Seok run to her mother with a very happy look.
“Eomma!” he greeted her.

Jeongyeon lower herself to receive the warm hug of her son. “I miss you eomma.”

“I miss you too darling.” She replied and kiss his forehead. “Where is grandma and grandpa?”

“They are at the kitchen. Preparing some foods for tonight. Eomma, did you buy me a gift?”

“Aigoo… do I look like someone who will forget to buy my little boy his birthday gift?” she smiles pinching her son’s cheeks. Jeong Seok shook his head and smile.

“Your gift is in the car, I’ll give it to you later. I know you will love it.”

“Ne eomma.”

“Let’s go to grandma and grandpa. Eomma would like to see them.” Jeongyeon holds her son and went to the kitchen to take a look of what her parents are preparing.

When she arrived, everyone is quite busy. Her mom is busy in cooking some foods and her dad is also busy slicing some ingredients. It’s normal for them to have no maids at home since they used to live alone.

“Hello everyone.” Jeongyeon greeted getting their attention.

“Oh, Jeongyeon-ah… it’s good that you’re already here.” her mother said. Her dad just gave her a smile. Jeongyeon went closer to the both of them to give them a hug and a kiss on their cheeks.

As always, Jeongyeon remained the little sweet girl that everyone used to have even though she is already a mother. She thinks that by those actions she can show them how thankful she is for having them and how she loves her parents.

“Eomma, is Dahyun going to attend our dinner?”

The old woman nod her head. “Yeah… she said they will be here at 5pm. We still have 2 more hours.”

“Ahh… jinjja? Is there anything I could help?”

“Just play with your son, Jeongyeonie. He misses you a lot and he keeps on bothering me about you.”

Jeongyeon looks at her son who is also looking at her with a puppy eyes. She knows he couldn’t wait for his gift that is why he isn’t leaving her side.

“Jeongyeon-ah… I need to talk to you later about Jeong Seok.” Her father interrupted. “We will talk about handling him.”

“N-ne appa.” Jeongyeon knows about this one. Jeong Seok is still young who is longing for his mother. And whenever she isn’t around to be with him, the little boy couldn’t stop crying and asking for his mother.

Jeongyeon thought it would still be ok since Jeong Seok is growing and slowly adopting the life they have but it seems like everything is slowly changing. When Jeong Seok is still in his infant days, she can just leave him alone to her mom but when he is starting to turn 4, he is always asking for his mother.

There are times that Jeongyeon would drive home in the middle of the night because Jeong Seok won’t stop crying. He is still young, and it’s hard to explain her situation to a very young boy who is just turning five.

“Seok-yah… would you like to go and get your gift in the car with mom?” Jeongyeon asked her little boy with a wink.

“Ne!” Seok couldn’t help but to jump out of excitement. He then come forward to hold his mother’s hand and pull her out of the kitchen.