Chapter 20

“Seok-yah!” Jeongyeon shouted her child’s name as she woke up from a very bad dream.

She’s panting and tears falls from her eyes. She didn’t expect to dream like seeing Seok getting hit by a car and died on the spot. She look at her side and she couldn’t see Jimin.

Her heart is beating so hard and she feels so nervous when she remembers what happened in her dream or what we call a nightmare. Jeongyeon quickly went out of the bed to find Seok and check if he is ok.

When she’s out of the room, she rush to find Seok in his room but he isn’t there. She then quickly went to the pool area but Seok is not there too until she reached the living room and heard his voice in the kitchen area.

“Appa… do you think eomma would love this one?” Seok said as he continues to put some cookies on the jar.

“She will… trust me.” Jimin said and smile.

Jeongyeon heard them talking so she walks faster until she reached the area and saw the two boys doing something. They were both surprised and confused because Jeongyeon seems to be crying.

“Eomma…” Seok said.

“Honey…” Jimin also call her.
But without even replying, she rushed to Seok and embrace him tightly which made the kid even more surprised. She’s crying so hard while hugging her son who left speechless.

Bgm: Sunset by Davinchi

“Jeongyeon-ah… gwenchanayo?” Jimin asked her rubbing her back and sitting next to her.

Jeongyeon didn’t answer him instead she broke her hug with Seok and caress her face. “Gwenchanayo, Seok-yah? Are you hurt? Huh? Gwenchanayo?” she said holing his body checking if something is wrong.

“Gwenchana eomma… I am really ok. Why are you crying? What’s wrong?”

“Are you sure you’re ok? Please don’t leave eomma, huh. Jebal, don’t leave eomma.” She said still crying.

Seok nod his head. “Did you have a bad dream again? Is it the twins?”

She shook her head and smile. “Aneyo… I thought I lost you.”

“Mianhe eomma…” he said and hug her again. “I won’t leave you. I will be here always.”

Jimin just smile at him. It’s been so long since the last time she embrace her son like this and Jimin knows how happy Seok this time having the chance to have his mother’s attention.

Jeongyeon broke their hug and face him again. “Aneyo Seok-yah… don’t apologized to eomma… you have done nothing wrong to me. It is me who needs to apologize to you.”

“I’m sorry for neglecting you.” she added. “Eomma is so sad because she lost your little siblings but I shouldn’t push you away. I am so selfish and I forget that you also need me.”

Jeong Seok bow his head when he felt some tears slowly falling down from his eyes. “I know you really want to help me but I kept pushing you away. Please don’t think that eomma is blaming you for what happen, ok? I just don’t want you to see me cry and make you feel accountable for it.”