Chapter 19

“Eomma… I prepare something for you.” Seok said as he enters his mother’s room brining the food he prepared for his mother with the help of Jimin.

“Mianhe Seok-yah… I don’t have an appetite.” She said looking outside the window.

Seok look at his father and bow his head pouting his lips. Jimin felt the disappointment in Seok because it is not the first time that Jeongyeon decline his offer.

Whenever they prepare foods for her, she always says she has no appetite but ended up going to the kitchen and eat something she likes when no one is around or she is on the mood going out of the room.

Jimin walk closer and tap Seok’s shoulder. The little kid looks at him with a teary eye so Jimin nod his head to assure him that he did a great job. Jimin push him a little encouraging him to try harder.

“Eomma…” he said in a shaky voice. “Appa help me to cook this… please try.”

“Honey… our little boy worked hard for this macaroni soup. It is very delicious, give it a try.” Jimin said helping his son not to cry.

Jeongyeon sigh an face them with a fake smile. “Jinjja, Seok-yah?” The little boy nod his head. “But eomma is still full… can you please put it on the table? I will eat that later.”

“But it is better to eat the soup when it’s still hot.” Jimin insisted.

“I’m still full Jiminie… please…” she said and turn around to face the window again.

Seok close his mouth tightly biting his lower lip. He knows that his mother is just trying to consider him this time but he also knows that even if she said that she will eat it later, she will not do it.

“I will put this on the table eomma… just eat the soup when you are hungry.” He said with a sad voice.

Seok went to the table beside the bed and put the bowl of soup there. “Let’s go outside?” he said and guide Seok out of the room.

When Jeongyeon hear the door closed, she turns around and stare at the bowl of soup. She couldn’t help her tears to fall down realizing what she has done. She has been neglecting her son for weeks already and it hurts his feelings even if she didn’t mean to do it.

She went back to watch the view of the far forest from the window of her room. She really has no appetite, and she’s not lying. It’s just, the timing is off for Seok and she can’t help to stop him to misinterpret it.

“I’m really sorry for your loss Mrs. Park.” The doctor said.

That was the last words that keeps on echoing in Jeongyeon’s mind after she lost her second child. It is a very heartbreaking to her part since she’s been expecting this child so much and in a blink of an eye, she lost it.

Looking back that day, as soon as she saw the blood dripping on her thighs, Eun quickly asked the guards outside to bring Jeongyeon to the hospital. She doesn’t care if she was all wet and all, she is thinking how critical her boss is in the very moment.

Seok also comes with them even if he is also wet. It is only Seok, Eun, Jeongyeon and the 2 body guards were at home and no one can take care of Seok or Jeongyeon other than them since Jimin is already at work.

Jeongyeon is crying out of pain and worry. Pain that she is feeling because of her belly and the worries thinking that it can affect her child inside. As soon as they reached the hospital, Jeongyeon was immediately accommodated in the trauma section.