Chapter 11

"Just tell me and I'll do what I can to help you." he confidently said leaning his body closer and putting his hands on the table balancing his body.

"Then... Marry me. Marry me Park Jimin." she bravely said.

The smile on his face was slowly fading. Confused of what he was heard, Jimin move his head from side to side slowly trying to process what she said.

"You're still drunk aren't you?"

"Do I look like I'm drunk now? Why? You told me you do what you can to help me so I am asking you to marry me."

"But how is marrying you will help your problems with Seok?"

Jeongyeon rest her back and crosses her legs. Touching the mug with her fingers and looking at it while gathering the right words to explain to Jimin.

"Appa told me that you cannot register Seok under your name legally without undergoing the process of marriage. So he will remain as an illegitimate until he grows old."

"But Jeong... marriage is something serious."

"I know... I am not asking you this for myself. I am asking you about this for the sake of Seok."

"You don't have to do this Jeong... I am also here to guide Seok... we can help each other without forcing yourself in this kind of set up." He said standing straight.

"You know... it's alright." She said started eating the pancake and the sausage. "I won't force myself to you. If it's hard for you to do this, then don't."

"No that's not what I mean." Jimin dearly said and move to her side and sit down on the chair beside her. "I mean, you cannot do it just because you are forced. Marriage is a serious thing Jeong. And I don't want to give you a hard time because of my presence."

Jeongyeon looked at his eyes. She is wondering how Jimin knows that she is having a hard time whenever he is around. She is sure she avoids talking to him but he knows what she is feeling.

"I am already forcing myself Jim. Even being with you here now is also forcing myself." Jimin felt a pain on his heart. This is Jeong, the sober one, not the dearly Jeong who is drunk last night begging him to stay.

"I am doing things for Seok, for his future. If I will not do this, I have no other way to give our son a good and peaceful life that he deserves. If he will stay as an illegitimate after exposing him, he will receive so much criticism from the public."

"If it is me, I can survive it but not Seok." she continues. "He is so young and he deserves so much. I want to do everything for him, even if it means to give up my pride."

Jimin didn't say anything. Everything that she said last night was true. The need of him being with Jeong, but not because of love, but because of the responsibility they have with Seok.

The hard times that she is feeling whenever Jimin is around, it is true but she is willing to lower her pride and forget about it just for Seok. He feels bad for Jeong, for the woman he loves.

That even in helping her with this one can still gives her suffering and pain. Because after hearing last night's confession, even if Jeong told him that he is forgiven, she is still hurting.

The pain is still in there. Though she forgives him already, but for those years, because of what he did, it created fear in Jeongyeon's heart. Sadness and doubt. Not sure to trust him again.