Chapter 4

Jeongyeon’s POV

When I am busy talking with the guests in my table, I felt my phone vibrates all of a sudden. When I checked it out it’s my mom so I immediately excused myself to answer the call.

“Eomma? Why?” I said. I can hear Jeong Seok crying on the other line and I think this is why she is calling me right now.

“Jeongyeon-ah… Jeong Seok is looking for you. He does not stop crying because he wanted to see you so badly.”

“But I am in an event. And I already told you about it.”

“I know but he really wanted to see you. He had a nightmare and even you appa couldn’t make him stop crying.”

“But eomma… I am with the sponsors of the charity organization. I couldn’t just walk out and fly over there.” I said brushing my hair.

“Eomma…. Eomma…” I heard Jeong Seok calling me crying so hard. “Eomma… Jebal… I want to see you.”

I was silent for a bit, figuring out what to do. I glance at the people on my table and there I decided to give my son his request. “Arasso… please wait for me… I’ll be home now.”

“No Jeongyeon-ah… mianhe… we’re on our way to your event venue.”

“What?!” I intentionally raised my voice. “Eomma you can’t be here.”

“Why?  We will just pick you up.”

I took a glance to Jimin and covered my mouth. “Eomma… Jimin is here.” I whispered.

“But how?”

“He is one of the guests… Eomma, you can’t come here… he might see Jeong Seok.”

“I’m sorry but it’s already late… we are already in front of the building.” she said from the other line.

“What?!” I really don’t know what to do. I am starting to get panic because of these sudden emergency.

What is happening to Jeong Seok that he has been crying non-stop and asking for me that even my parents couldn’t make him calm? I really need to go now since my mother said that she is already in front of the building.

“Arasso… please wait for me there and don’t ever get out of the car. Don’t let Jeong Seok go out.” I said and I ended the call.

As soon as I hang up the call, I went back to my table to pick up my things and excuse myself from the guests.

“Ms. Lee, everyone, I’m really sorry. I really wanted to stay longer but I have to go now. something comes up and I need to deal with it.” I reasoned out.

“Really? Ok, sure… Let’s meet some other time again.” Ms. Lee replied.

“Yes, Ms. Yoo…. Let’s set a lunch together and plan more for the improvement of the Love Hope.” The other sponsor suggested.

I nod my head as a response. “Yes please. Ms. Lee has my number. Please contact me to set our lunch together. I’m happy to go.” I said. “But I really need to go now. Thank you for the night everyone.”

When I saw them nod, I quickly walk out and head my way to the front gate. I know I look like having an emergency but this is really an emergency. When I am already on the elevator, I saw a glance of Jimin running towards me.