Chapter 1

Four Months Later

"Look, I understand that you and Bam made up, but I'm not ready to forgive him," I say, sitting down on our bed. Ville grabs a couple shirts from the closet and throws them into a suitcase.

"I'm not asking you to forgive him. I just saying that I think it will be good for you to visit April and them while I'm on tour instead of sitting here alone every night. I'm not saying spend the entire time I'm on tour there, just maybe a few weeks," Ville argues. He walks over to the dresser and pulls out pants then stuffs them into the suitcase too.

"What about work? Two people are already missing, they can't afford to lose another one, even for a few weeks," I argue back. Ville doesn't say anything as he finishes packing. He zips the suitcase up then carries it out of the room. I fall back on the bed and cover my face with my hands. The bed moves as Ville climbs onto it. He removes my hands from my face then kisses me. I kiss him back then break it and sigh.

"I can't go, Ville. I- I just can't," I whisper, closing my eyes. He kisses me again then lays his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him.

"I love you, Skylar, and I’m worried about you being alone the entire time I’m on tour. But if you don’t want to go, I won’t make you," Ville says softly.

"I love you, too, Ville," I tell him as I run my fingers through his hair. After a while I ask, "Do you have all your bags packed?" His snoring answers me. I smile and gently slip out from under him. I throw a blanket over him, kiss his cheek then go finish packing his bags.

The Next Day

I finish the fourth interview today and lean back in the chair, sighing. The door opens and Estelle walks in.

"How did it go sweetie?" she asks.

"There’s only one and even that is an iffy. Most of them only want to work here because Ville comes here," I reply, looking at her. She frowns and walks over to me.

"We’ll find someone, I’m sure. I’ll handle the next few. Go help Lafayette," she orders patting my shoulder with her bony hands. Estelle has lost a lot of weight since the death of her husband, Manny, but she’s slowly getting better. She smiles more and she works hard to keep this Café running. I think it’s her way of keeping Manny alive. I nod and leave the office.

Later that night, Ville and I cuddle in bed, my head resting on his chest. He runs his hand up and down my nude body as he softly sings "In Joy and Sorrow". I smile and lazily trace my finger over his heartagram tattoo.

"I’m thinking of getting a tattoo," I tell him.

"Oh, really, do you know what you want? If so I can get a buddy of mine to do it. He is amazing at it." I shrug.

"I don’t really know. Do you have any suggestions?" I ask, moving so I can look at him. He bites his lip as he thinks.

"How about you get a butterfly or dragonfly? You could get it on your lower back," he says grinning.

"I’m not getting a tramp stamp, Ville," I reply, sticking my tongue out at him. He laughs and I playfully slap his stomach. I roll out of bed and stretch. He watches me then says, "Whatever you decide to get will only add to your beauty." I kiss him then say," So if I get a huge penis tattooed on my arm you will still think I’m beautiful?" His laughter follows me out of the room.

When I come back from the bathroom, Ville is on the phone. He glances at me, and then looks away. I sit cross legged on the bed, facing him. He finishes the call, rubs his face then sighs.

"What is it?" I ask, putting my hand on his thigh. He takes it and pulls me into his lap. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight.

"Ville, what’s wrong?" I ask, leaning back so I can look at him. Ville looks down then slowly raises his watery eyes. He bites his lip then softly says, "Bam’s in the hospital."