Chapter 16

We finished eating our food. It was weird but now that I noticed I can't stop thinking about it. The rest of the day besides this morning Sasuke hasn't talked to me.

"Hey Kakashi why isn't Sasuke talking to me?" I asked him as we walked through the forest looking for a spot to camp out. Naruto and Sasuke were ahead of us bickering about fish and tents.

The elder man looked down to me and smiled a sad smile which in return confused me even more. "Out of all of us Sasuke blames himself for your panic attack/anxiety attack." He replied.

I was shocked nevertheless. Why would he blame himself? It has nothing to do with him? Then again he did bring it up. But still he doesn't know everything....maybe...I just need to explain it to him.

I smiled up at Kakashi, "Thanks for telling me that." Then I ran towards Sasuke. Leaving behind a very confused Kakashi.

'Weirdo.' Is all he thought before regaining his composure. Then he continued to read his Icha Icha book.

I rolled my eyes at his childish actions earning a grin from him. I continued to run to catch up to Sasuke and Naruto.

~~~~~

I reached out my hand and pulled Sasuke to a part of the woods.

"Hey!" I heard Naruto screaming my way.

I stuck out my tongue at him causing him to glare at me and then run into a tree. I stifled down a laugh but not Sasuke he was dying of laughter while he watched his teammate being carried off by Kakashi.

Sasuke then stopped laughing and looked towards me. I let go of him and we stopped walking.

"What do you want Sakura?" He asked avoiding my eye contact. It certainly pissed me off though but I managed to not hit him.

"I...um...I wanted to explain everything to you because it's not your fault." I looked down at the ground, feeling the guilt burn inside of me.

"God damn it Kakashi I'm gonna kill you." He muttered while glaring at the spot Kakashi was at last.

~~~~

"Aachoo!" Kakashi sneezed, while accidentally throwing Naruto along with it.

"Oww!" He yelled out in pain, rubbing the bump on his head.

"Someone must me talking about me." Kakashi sniffled. He rubbed his nose before looking at a angry Naruto.

"KAKASHI!" he screamed while he charged at him.

"WAIT NARUTO LET ME EXPLAIN!" Kakashi screamed while dodging his attacks.

~~~~~~

"Go ahead and explain." Sasuke grumbled towards Sakura.

"I'm sorry I worried you guys...it's just my mother's death...it's hard for me to talk about...and it...it caused me to...and Tsunade to seal a demon inside of me...that demon is called my inner and my inner helped Tsunade and I to stop my memories of my mother." I explained not looking at him. I was afraid of his reactions...I was afraid that he was gonna hit me.

But I didn't expect him to pull me into his arms and kiss me on my forehead, "You don't have to go on any further I can tell this topic is hard for you to talk about." He told me once he pulled back from his kiss on my forehead.

I felt tingles go down my spine once he kissed me. Why do I feel this way? I can't like him? Do I? No! No I don't! If was just a friendly gesture. Right?

"But Sasuke I need to tell you. I need to get this off my chest." I whispered to him. He looked at me in my eyes and I could feel the warmth of him coming off of him. It was like he was undressing every one of my layers or my walls I put up. It felt so refreshing.

"Okay go on I'm listening." He keep looking into my eyes. It caused a light pink blush to form on my face. I nodded my head.

"My Inner couldn't stop the memories flowing back into my head. Once you asked me that question something triggered inside of me which cause me to react. I then passed out from exhaustion. Those memories were of my mother's death. We locked them up because I didn't want to remember them anymore but we did leave the part of my mothers death." I told him. He looked at me as if he understood so I continued.

"I was five years old when she was murdered ruthlessly in front of my eyes by the bastard I call my father. I can remember so many times when I was younger that my father would come home and beat my mom in front of me. He'd force me in a chair and duck tape me to it. My mom she was an amazing person I love her so much. She found out one day that bastard was far more then being a father figure to me. I can remember the feeling of his hands on me. I remember my mother telling him she'd take the punishments instead so she did. Until one day he went to far. My mother couldn't leave him because he was the leader of a mafia and she was his mistress. He was a sick man...he had more mistresses then you could count and had only five kids out of all the women he had at hand because he hand picked women that could carry his children and run the business. I was the oldest but my mom protested against it and that's when he killed her." I stopped to look at Sasuke. His face showed so much pity.

"It was only four years ago when they caught him and he got the death sentence. I and my siblings got front row seats to watch his death. I remember him looking at me and mouthing the words that haunt me today 'Your beautiful just like your mother but she disobeyed me... but you my angel are just like me' those were his last words before he gave me a evil grin and died right on the spot. Tsunade's family took in my siblings and I when we were twelve years old. We managed to escape his grasp and she trained us. Now today I'm the leader of the clan and the third oldest sibling is the one who takes my place when I'm gone." I finished my explanation and looked at Sasuke.

He suddenly pulled me into a hug. He whispered I into my ear, "Can I kiss you?" I blushed a bit before nodding my head. I felt him pulling back, so his face was a few inches away from mine. Soon enough his soft lips were placed on top of mine. I returned the gesture. After a few seconds he pulled back and said, "I felt like I needed to kiss you...I don't know why but I want to protect you. If that's alright with you." He blushed a bit and turning his head towards the ground sheepishly.

I giggled a bit which caused his cheeks to darken even more, "It's fine now lets go back."

He nodded and off we went to find Naruto and Kakashi.

Maybe just maybe it won't be so bad. I smiled to myself. But little did I know that someone was watching me....