Prologue

Fugaku Uchiha frowned as his son, along with Kagami's child, forwarded into the assembly hall to speak. He attempted to act nonchalant when both boys made themselves comfortable with a girl. They were the only 'children' in the meeting, but Fugaku couldn't risk backlash from the Elders for banishing his son from the clan affairs. 

         "Lord Fugaku will now address you all," announced the advisor.

        At the back, Itachi and Shisui snickered to each other about Etsuko's interest at the two statues on either side of the stage. They were debating whether the two images were of the legendary Madara or depicting a female counterpart. Despite the lack of scriptures, there was speculation that the mystery 'woman' was able to bring the Uchiha together in Madara's absence. 

         "I wonder who she is," Etsuko mumbled.

         "She is probably a he," Shisui snickered.

         "Girls can lead just as well as boys ," Etsuko elbowed Shisui in his side. "I'm surprised Fugaku hasn't taken the statue down, he wouldn't want leadership falling into anyone's hands other than the his family."

      Itachi folded his arms and glanced between the woman and Madara. His interest had spiked. While female ninja were bountiful in the village, they were somewhat overlooked in the Uchiha. Mainly due to very few women awakening the Sharingan and choosing household duties over that of a nation. As he stared at the female's stone features, he wondered if the woman could've been Madara's lover as they were depicted as equals. Itachi shrugged off the thought when his father mentioned the prospects of a civil war. 

      "The Uchiha have had enough restrictions placed on them," despite Fugaku addressing the entire clan, his eyes never left the trio. "As it is written on our stone tablet, and from the words of Madara Uchiha himself―the Uchiha deserve what is rightfully theirs." 

     Shisui muffled Etsuko's protests with his hand. A few of the Elders shifted their eyes to them in warning to quiet down. Shisui blew out a long breath and pressed his finger to Etsuko's lips, shaking his head. 

         "Tonight, is the night of the Uchiha," Fugaku's Third-Stage Sharingan activated. "On this day, Konohagakure will be stained red."  

          Fugaku's Sharingan narrowed at the children who whispered rebelious thoughts to each other. Even though they were no older than twelve, Fugaku could see the alert attentiveness not only in his son's eyes, but in the girl's as well. Fugaku's gut told him that the children would become trouble, so it was now his job to nudge them onto a darker path. Even if that path was total annihilation.