T R I O    T R O U B L E

[FOUR YEARS LATER] 

      Run. 

      I had to be faster if I were to survive. I gasped for breath as Inabi, Yashiro and Tekka chased me. With every step, Inabi threw explosive kunai at my heels in order to send me off balance. Though, I was swift and summersaulted over the explosions to reach the arch of the compound. I was only a few metres from the gate when Tekka latched onto my collar. 

     I spun on my heel and began to weave hand signs, "Kaiton: Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"

     The heat from the fireball alone was enough for him to let go, the width of the flames put enough distance between us for me to roll across the threshold and tumble towards the steps of the main house. Above, Shisui and Itachi bound across the rooftops, throwing assorted kunai and shuriken to divert the other two away from me. 

     I clutched the scroll close to my chest and jumped into the gutter of the mansion. 

    "Stop, you're under arrest for desecrating an Uchiha monument!" shouted Yashiro. 

     Placing the scroll between my teeth, I made the decision to keep running despite the pain in my calves. In one large jump, I made it to the wall at the opposite end of the compound. Though, as my toes landed on the edge, Inabi's kunai landed just above, causing an explosion. I lost my footing and grappled the jagged pieces, squinting as the dust blurred my vision. I splayed my fingers and pricked my shoulders to build the upper body strength to pull myself up. However, my moment of hesitation allowed the three police to catch up to me, their Sharingan on full display. 

     There were no warrants for arrest, but Fugaku's promise of an Uchiha-run Konahagakure was the main ethos of the clan. In that regard, the military force could detain whoever they pleased. Inabi twirled another kunai around his finger when Shisui landed above me, extending his hand. 

     In another burst of fire, Itachi used a fireball for us to escape over the wall and into the village again. 

     "Did you get it?" Shisui asked as he blocked two shuriken with his Tanto. 

     "Mm," I spat the scroll into my palm and tossed it to him. The gates of the village were nearing closer when I dug my heels into the ground, "Where's Itachi?" 

      Like always, he wanted to play martyr. He stood on the distant wall of the compound, defending us. His Sharingan illuminated his deep set eyes as he shouted down at his father's men. Something inside him had snapped recently and had caused him to swallow his quiet persona in favour of an outspoken and aggressive individual. 

      Shisui glanced between us and smirked. 

    "The village is under curfew. . .but if they make enough noise and follow us, they'll risk more witnesses," I cracked my knuckles. "Our best bet is the valley." 

     Shisui nodded and marked my shoulder, calling out to Itachi, "We need to split, dumb-arse!" 

     Itachi back-flipped over the wall and joined us, holding out his hand for Shisui's mark. Within a matter of seconds, we teleported to a body of water. 

      As I stared into the calm pool, I couldn't help my shaking fists. Despite being Shisui and Itachi's closest friend, I always seemed to be two steps behind them in stamina and skill. Even if I ran in front, was able to steal a sacred scroll and mimic their jutsu, I was nowhere near as accomplished. I felt inferior in every way, from awakening my Sharingan last by chance, become Chunnin at eight and Jonnin at ten but having no S-Rank missions to my name. . .the expectation was too much. Because I was from the second branch, I was considered unworthy, ever since birth.