C R I M S O N    T H O R N

        If I were to effectively execute my duties, I had to get stronger. 

      I stood above the Naka River and read beneath the moonlight. The first scroll was another account of the feud between the Uchiha and Senju; it put into perspective the pettiness of their conflict and the amount of casualties for a lost cause. My perception of the Uchiha's noble standing within the village changed slightly―apparently Fugaku hadn't altered traditions at all, even in Hikari's generation with the First Great Ninja War, the leaders sent children to their deaths.   

     Butsuma Senju, Hashirama's father, forced all four sons into battle and showed no remorse when the two youngest died. Similarly, Madara's father, Tajima, murdered his three eldest sons along with his wife to awaken the Mangekyou out of anger. 

     From Hikari's description, Madara seemed to follow in these foot steps. Fearing that she would defect to the Senju, Madara ordered the execution of her closest female companion Naori along with her lover Naka. They were sentenced for using the Izanami and Izanagi to stop further internal feuds in the Uchiha over the Mangekyou. 

      Every time I leave Madara's side, chaos follows. I don't know what it will take for me to learn, but it never changes. Before I could level the entire compound, Madara believed a letter of apology would suffice for the murder of my two greatest allies. 

      It had been my decision to ban both ocular techniques to stop the unnecessary executions. Kagami informed me of what happened. Naori used the Izanami to prevent Naka from murdering the second branch. She used it out of anger at first, as I too sympathise with itwhile not second branch entirely from birth, our parents were considered unfavourable under the former rule of Tajima and were demoted in rank. There had never been much separation into branches until there was a truce between Hashirama and Madara. 

   Those that resisted and continuously used hatred and violence to grown in strength and numbers, became the first branch. While the second were placid beneath the Hokage's restrictions and had no desire to use their abilities. 

     As for the Mangekyou Sharingan, the techniques honoured the Gods that gave them. As a consequence of using them, the light within your eye is taken. I considered it payment almost, changing the course of someone's destiny or your own should come at an inexpensible price. 

     Madara agreed with my proposition to ban Izanami and Izanagi, mainly out of fear. I suppose that's why he found death necessary, there was less opportunity to use those techniques to usurp his authority. 

     I burnt all writings and diagrams of the Mangekyou techniques. All that could be learnt and passed on were oral traditions or rumours, but none were brave enough to put theories into practice. Not when my Eternal eyes scrutinised the clan from within. 

     I would never use either technique, but the process of them intrigued me. 

      Izanagi allows you to alter reality; through this you can cheat death itself in order to succeed or win. It's counterpart, Izanami, allows you to lock a target in an endless loop to cease their wrongdoingit is more powerful that Tsukuyomi and Kotoamatsukami combined. 

    How these techniques were discovered remain uncertain, but it has caused so many deaths within the clan. I have lost count watching the unsuccessful attempts of others trying to awaken the Mangekyou. It's at the point where numbers on broth branches are so few and far inbetween that we are outranked and outnumbered by smaller clan.