.13.

taehyung and his family arrive at a large mansion, the four kim children mesmerized by the large house. "i thought we lived in a big house." jennie says, looking up at the home that belongs to their parents boss. they get out of the car, taehyung helping the girl out of her booster seat and carrying her to the front doors.

they ring the doorbell to the large mansion, a person who looks like a maid opens the door. she smiles at the family. "you must be the kims! come on in and follow me!" she says enthusiastically. the family enters the home and follows the lady. they finally get to the dining room where they are met with the kang family.

taehyung observes the family who is standing in some sort of formation. he looks at the parents who look like strict people, straight faces on both. his eyes then land on the children. there are also four children like his own family.

his eyes first land on a girl who looks about 14 years old. she is wearing a white off the shoulder dress that goes to her mid thigh. she is looking down at her feet, showing that she is nervous. he then looks at the other sister, who is wearing the same dress as the other girl, but she looks around 16 years old.

he goes on to observe a little boy who seems to be around the age of 8. he is wearing a white button up with navy blue slacks with navy blue suspenders and brown leather shoes. taehyung finally looks at the last child, who he seems to recognize all too well.

he is wearing a white button up with a black blazer that is unbuttoned and black slacks, with black dress shoes. his hair is a different color from the last time taehyung had seen him, it being a chestnut brown. the two boys make eye contact. "hey, tae." he greets the boy with a nervous smile. taehyung's mouth gapes open.

seokjin notices the uncomfortable situation and puts his arm on taehyung's shoulder. "please excuse us. we're going to wash our hands." seokjin says politely to both families. they have a maid guide them to a bathroom and they walk into it, seokjin locking the door behind him.

taehyung sits on the counter and has an unemotional look on his face. seokjin goes up to his brother and puts his hand on his cheek, taehyung leaning into the touch. a tear suddenly slips down his cheek, taehyung quickly wiping it and sniffling. "hey, it's okay. i understand why you'd be like this." seokjin says, comforting his brother.

taehyung shakes his head, tears slowly falling from his eyes. "he broke me, jin. he's the reason i have such a hard time falling for people. it's all his fault." taehyung rants, anger in his tone. seokjin nods, softly reminding the boy that's it's okay and that he's here for him. taehyung cries into the elder's shoulder and cries.

seokjin caresses the boys head. "you wanna know something?" seokjin asks the boy, taehyung just nodding in response while his head is still in the boys shoulder. "you're falling for jungkook." he states, taehyung pulling away from his brothers touch. he scoffs. "no i'm not, jin. that's crazy." he says in denial.

seokjin looks at the boy. "taehyung, i notice things like that. it's obvious to everyone but you two. you guys are meant to be with each other." seokjin tells the boy. taehyung's thinks for a while before nodding. "i like jungkook. holy shit, i like jungkook!" he exclaims to his brother who giggles at him. "so if he asks you about your dating life, you're in a relationship." seokjin says as if it's an order.

"yes sir." taehyung responds jokingly. seokjin slaps the boys stomach. "come on. wash your face and head downstairs." he tells the boy who nods and jumps off the counter. after regrouping himself, the pair walk back into the large dining room. "took you two a little while. what took so long?" their mother asks. "got a little lost, that's all." taehyung says.

he ends up sitting right next to the boy he didn't necessarily want to sit by. dinner comes out right as they sit down. "perfect timing." he mumbles. the chefs put the food on everyone's plates, making sure everyone had an equal portion. most everybody starts a conversation, obvious tension between taehyung and the boy next to him.

"so, tae. how have you been?" the boy asks, trying to cut the tension. taehyung swallows his food, having to hold back from saying anything too inappropriate for the environment they were in. "just lacrosse, as always. how about you, daniel?" he asks, trying to be as polite as possible. daniel just shrugs. "same old, same old." he responds and taehyung nods.

"um, do you have like a boyfriend now or?" daniel asks the boy. taehyung makes eye contact with his brother, seokjin giving him the 'do it' look. taehyung nods. "yeah, actually i do! his name's jungkook." he tells daniel, the boy nodding slowly. "are you talking about jeon jungkook?" he asks taehyung, who nods since he has food in his mouth.

daniel cocks his head, suddenly gaining more confidence. "heard he's bad news. you sure you still wanna mess with him?" daniel says, putting an arm around taehyung's chair. taehyung closes his eyes to compose himself and sighs. he lightly pushes daniel's arm off of his chair. "yes i'm sure. he's been nothing but good news for me, and i'm sure he's always going to be good news." taehyung says sassily.

daniel furrows his eyebrows and puts a hand on taehyung's upper thigh. "you know, you could still mess with me. i'm always free." he says while smirking seductively. taehyung leans over to the boy and whispers. "listen, daniel. whenever we dated, i was the happiest i had been in years. you ruined it, you cheated on me with a girl. you don't deserve anyone, let alone me. so unless you want me to throw you under the bus with all the dirt i have on you, i suggest you take your hand off my thigh, continue eating in silence, and never speak to me again. am i clear?" taehyung says sharply.

daniel nods and gulps. taehyung throws the boys hand off of his thigh and goes back to eating his food. thankfully, none of the parents or other siblings besides seokjin had noticed the encounter. taehyung looks across the table at his brother who winks at him while drinking his drink.

'that was easier than expected.'

•••
btw!! reverse indian runs is where a team runs around the track in a line and when the coach blows the whistle, the person at the front of the line has to sprint all the way around the track until they get to the back of the line.

warning: they suck ass. 0/10 would not recommend