.31.

!homophobic slurs ahead!
the boys are at practice, taehyung feeling odd not being in all of his gear but instead running up and down the field as a midfielder. taehyung couldn't see it, but he was a natural at the position. everyone watches as the boy runs quickly down the field and passing it.

coach min blows the whistle, all the boys running towards the middle of the field. "okay, ending practice a little early because of the big game tonight. jeon, you'll be my starting goalie." coach tells the boy, jungkook nodding. "yes sir." he responds.

"but don't worry, kim. you'll be one of my starting middles." coach says, taehyung's eyes widening at the statement. he chooses not to say anything and let's coach min say the rest of the starting line up. the team calls it up and heads to the locker room.

taehyung goes up to coach min. "hey, coach. are you sure you want me starting as middle?" he asks. coach min nods. taehyung runs a hand through his hair. "coach, i really don't think i'm that good at-" taehyung is cut off.

"kim, you're great at that position. you and jung are the top two on our team at that position, and it's not an easy one. look kid, i've been doing this for years and i've never seen a lacrosse position come to someone so easily. that's why you're starting. enough of an explanation?" coach min says.

taehyung sighs and nods his head. "yes sir." coach pats the boy on the shoulders. "don't let your mind stop you, alright?" he says and taehyung nods, turning and jogging back to the locker room. he gets to his locker and begins slipping his practice jersey off.

he suddenly feels a slap on his ass. he turns around and looks at someone he's never seen before. "first of all, that's disrespectful and you have zero right to do that. second, who the hell are you?" he asks, his shirt still off.

the boy looks taehyung up and down, checking him and his fit body out. "i'm jaehyung, jae for short. and you are?" the now known boy asks, leaning on the lockers next to taehyung who rolls his eyes. "that's none of your business. why're you even in here?" he asks.

"new teammate, baby." he says. taehyung scoffs. "you're probably trash. didn't stand out to me." taehyung says sassily, crossing his arms. the boy chuckles. "i guess having a few minutes of fame gets to you, huh?" he says.

jungkook had just gotten in the locker room, not realizing what was going on. "you're pretty for a boy." jaehyung says, attempting to put a hand on taehyung's waist. "stop!" taehyung suddenly yells, getting everyone's attention. jungkook goes up to the two.

"what's going on?" jungkook asks, looking at taehyung. "this asshole is trying to touch me and he slapped my ass." taehyung says lowly, throwing his practice jersey in the locker and throwing on the sweatshirt he was wearing previous to practice.

jungkook looks at the male, making a confused face. "you weren't on the field at all. why are you in here?" jungkook asks. jaehyung begins to get visibly nervous and looks around. "i, uh, i'm-" jungkook cuts him off by grabbing his arm and dragging him out on the field.

"coach, we got a problem!" jungkook shouts as he walks up to coach min. the adult turns around and looks at the unfamiliar boy. "this dude decided to sneak in the locker room and even slapped taehyung's ass." jungkook says. coach min nods. "you go get changed. i'll take care of this." jungkook nods and goes back to the locker room.

•••

the boys are in the locker room before running out to warm up for the game. coach min is giving the boys a quick pep talk about how important the game is and everything. "alright, boys. let's go kick some ass." he says, motioning for the boys to run out to the field.

as they're running out, namjoon and hoseok go and run up to the tall fences. they both jump and hang on to the railing while giving their boyfriends a quick peck on the lips before running and going to stretch and warm up.

after awhile, the game starts. since coach min doesn't want hoseok to overdue himself with this being his first game back, he makes taehyung do the face off. taehyung is nervous but doesn't show it. you would think he's anything but nervous when looking at him. the referee blows the whistle, signaling for the boys to start the face off.

as if taehyung had been doing it his whole life, he quickly grabbed the ball and sprinted down the field before passing it to an attacker. everyone, including jungkook is shocked by how fast he got the the ball and ran down the turf.

and just like that, taehyung has the first assist of the game. the crowd cheers as the goal is scored, taehyung runnning towards jimin and doing their usual chest bump. and that continues during the whole game, the attackers occasionally getting shots blocked.

during the final face off, taehyung and the other boy make eye contact. taehyung, being the dirty player he is, just smiles cutely. the other boy scoffs and shakes his head. "fag." he whispers to taehyung. taehyung looks at the boy and raises his eyebrows.

"excuse me?" taehyung says. the boy chuckles. "i've read about you. i've known about your past, gay." he says. taehyung shakes his head. having the publicity he has, he's sadly used to slurs. in fact, this just helped his desire to win.

the whistle blows and taehyung maneuvers his stick to where the ball gets away from the two and taehyung cradles it. he runs towards the goal swiftly and shoots the ball. he feels a sudden force come up from behind him, making him fall down with a hard thud before he sees black.

•••

taehyung wakes up and sees the pink and orange sky with gray clouds. he looks around and sees the game being played. he gets up with a pounding headache. "coach, what happened?" he asks. coach min turns around and sighs.

"you had a fall and passed out. you scored a goal when you fell, but you didn't know that." coach min tells his, chuckling. taehyung giggles. "can i go back out there?" he asks. coach min thinks for a moment.

"after the third quarter. there's about 5 minutes left so you'll get some medicine and water and you can go out there. only if you feel like it." he tells the teenager. taehyung nods and looks over, seeing his mother rush over to him.

"oh my baby! are you okay?" she says, feeling the boys face and checking his body. taehyung giggles at his mother. "i'm okay, mom. do you have any tylenol? my head is pounding." he says, holding his head. she gets out the medicine from her purse and hands it to her son.

she lifts his arm up and looks at the boys elbow. she hisses when she sees a grass burn that is on his forearm. "yikes, tae. be careful with that." she tells him. taehyung nods and smiles. "yes ma'am." he responds.

he then looks out on the field and looks at jungkook. he smiles, knowing that the lacrosse field is where jungkook feels at home. he watches as jungkook blocks a shot and looks over at taehyung. he smiles sweetly.

'that's my boy.'

———
i honestly just added the part at the beginning to fill in the first part of this chapter lmao