2. Books and pranks

My first class was rather chaotic. We had it with Gryffindor. There were notes flying everywhere and people glaring at each other. I noticed Fred and George and waved to them. They just rolled their eyes and looked away. So they hated me for something I had no control over. My house? I did not choose it, the hat did.  I huffed my checks and started paying attention to the teacher. Those boys were kind of stupid if they don't like someone only because of their house. 

I stopped caring about those boys, sometimes I would hear about them pulling off a prank or two. One time they pulled off a prank in the middles of our class, there was green paint everywhere, they were even covered in it. It was funny how the girls started panicking. I sat there laughing. We were dismissed before the class ended and the twins got detection. Some of those pranks were funny, although sometimes I did not find them funny. 

I studied a lot and was taking notes almost all the time. I wanted to have good grades and to understand the subjects. I did not have any friends. Slytherin was rather rude towards me as they did not know if I was pure blood. Sometimes they would pick on me. Go true my stuff or call me stuff. I just tried my best to ignore them but sometimes they were not letting me go, so I couldn't do that. 

I didn't eat breakfast. I did not find it necessary enough. I woke up and went to the library. I spend my free time reading books. Muggles books where interesting. Sometimes they wrote about witches and said it was pure fantasy. They got so many things wrong about us. For muggles, witches and warlocks were evil and only wanted them to die. That's why we needed to hide. 

I liked to read fantasy books, and adventure books. They were fun and always made me wanna go on an adventure, but I was too scared to do that. So many things could go wrong. I didn't want to risk it. Instead, I just found a safe place and took out my book to read. That was much safer. For me at least.

Sometimes I read romance books, which could get rather boring for an 11-year-old. I read all types of books. I liked horror books too sometimes. I spend all my time reading, new books, sometimes I asked the librarian if there is a possibility of getting more muggle books. She always answered that she will try and smiled at me. 

Soon enough it was winter and we were about to have our winter break. I stayed at Hogwarts. The orphan was not like a home to be. Hogwart became the home for me. I still remember how the letter came and the next day a man with a long beard came to get me. We bought me stuff and my first wand. When I took the wand in my hand, it felt like I was floating, and I was. It was the most magical thing I expired, till then and now I was in the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was crazy how my life changed so fast. 

The winter break was boring, there was little to do and little people. Not a lot was happening. There were no pranks because the twins were gone. I and the twins after the first class started glaring at each other. I found them Jerks. Hating someone because of a house is stupid. We didn't like each other at all. Sometimes we would call each other out. 

They would call me "Slytherin" or "Peterson" and I would call them "Weasley's" or "Redheads". They did not prank me yet, but I knew it would happen, so I waited and I would get my revenge if they pranked me. And they did. As soon as they got back, I was the first "victim". They made all my stuff red and gold. My hair even changed colour from black to red. So I was going to take revenge. 

They hated Slytherin so much so I would show them. I started with changing their clothes into Slytherin and then their hair went blond. After a while, their skin started changing colour and went back to normal after an hour. They were so mad, they stormed over to me. While I sat there sniggering and listening to how they could not get into the common room. 

"These clothes look like garbage now!" George said. "We look like Slytherins! This is rubbish! We could not even get into the common room to change because of you! Take it back!" Fred was furious as some Slytherins made jokes. After them walking after me and demanding me to change it back. I said. "Ask nicely then maybe I will think about it" and walked away. Which made them even angrier. 

They did not ask me, nicely. Their pride didn't let them. They walked to the teacher and asked the teacher to change it back, which he did. I knew they will try to get the worst revenge, I was not stupid, but I was ready. I always knew who is around me and where my stuff is. I didn't utter a word about things I hate to no one so it would be hard for them to figure out. I can't lie when I say, seeing them so mad because they look like Slytherins was the funniest things ever. Those assholes were up to a war, and I was ready.