XVI

Yunhee's uncle and I decided for me to stay. But we need someone to leave. Hui was in the kitchen making breakfast and I walked up to him, "Hey Hui, can we talk?" I sat down on one of the stools in front of him.

"Go ahead, talk. I'm making breakfast for my Yunhee." He smiled happily.

"I know you love being here, and I know you are extremely excited that she doesn't remember me. But I do need your help." I looked at him seriously.

"How can I help?" He smiled.

"I need you to go home for some time."

He stopped what he was doing and leaned in, "What?"

"I want her to remember, Hui. I want all her memories back." I sighed.

"I understand, but I don't want to leave her side. She needs me." His face went blank.

"I get it, but she needs to be herself. She isn't complete if she doesn't remember 80 percent of her life." I tried to calm myself. "Don't you think, she feels half empty. Not knowing who she is?"

Hui took a deep breath. He finished what he was doing and headed upstairs with a tray.

Hui

I can't believe that asshole wants me to leave Yunhee. I can't leave her, not now. She needs me more than ever. I opened the door to Yunhee's room. She places her laptop to the side and smiles at me.

"I made you breakfast, my sweet baby." I walked over to her and placed the tray on her side table.

"Oh, my favorite." She smiled big.

"Go on, eat." She started eating happily, I couldn't help but watch her eat. She is still so beautiful. "Do you remember how we meet?"

She looked up and started thinking, "Vaguely. I feel like something is missing, it must be the reason why we meet, but I can vaguely remember."

I gave her a soft smile, "It's okay, you'll remember soon." I leaned in and kissed her. "I love you, you know." She smiled and nodded.

Narrator ~ Yunhee and Hui Second Grade

"You're such a baby. You even look like a girl." One boy pushed Hui to the ground.

"I bet you even fight like a girl." The second boy said, causing the other one to laugh.

The first boy grabs Hui's backpack and empties it out. The second boy kicked him in the stomach. "You're such a girl."

Hui was hunched over the ground crying. "Hey! You losers, leave him alone!" Yunhee runs up to them and pushes the bullies away from Hui. "Mess with someone your own size."

"Oh, yea." The second boy pushes Yunhee. Yunhee quickly gets up and jumps on the boys.

"I'm sorry Mrs, but we'll have to suspend your daughter for two weeks. She broke one of the boy's nose and arm. The other one has a broken leg and a swollen eye. These actions are not acceptable in the school."

"I understand. Are the boys also going to get suspended? They hurt the boy and tried to hurt her." Yunhee's mother asked.

"Yes, they are. We let their parents know what we told you."

While the parents were talking, Yunhee was outside with Hui. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, thank you. Are you going to get in trouble?" Hui asked her.

"It's okay. I'm used to it. If you ever get bullied, call me and I'll beat them up again." Yunhee smiled brightly.

Since then, Hui followed Yunhee around everywhere. They became inseparable along with Cya, who she introduced to Hui when he went over to her house. Hui fell in love with her as time passed by, but never expressed his emotions more honestly.

After Yunhee met Leedo, he knew she was changing. He wasn't too happy about it, so he wanted to show up more. Making excuses to see her more often. When she lost her memory, he was a little happy, but he also realized it wasn't healthy.

Hui

While Yunhee was taking a nap, I went downstairs to look for Leedo. He was watching TV in the living room. "I'll leave."

Leedo looked up to me in surprise. "Really?"

"I'm only doing it for her. Once she remembers, I'm coming back and I'm staying for good." I smirked at him.

"Why?"

"Because I won't let you have her so easily." I smiled and went upstairs.