XIX

"I... think... you're... a... wonderful... daughter."

I quickly look up and see my mom's hand slowly move on top of mine. I stood up, "Mom!" I started panicking. "Doctor, someone. She woke up. She's awake." I called for help. I placed my hand on her head, "Mom, can you hear me? It's me Yunhee."

"Yunhee?" She spoke in a raspy voice. "Is... it... Really... you?" She tried to look at me but the light started bothering her eyes. I quickly ran to turn off the lights when the doctors came in.

"Check her vitals. We have to see if her organs are working properly. We'll need a CT scan, asap." The doctors and nurses started coming in and out of the room.

Samchon runs in with a vase in hand. He looks at me and smiles, "She woke up?" I nodded in tears. Samchon placed the vase down and held me. We both stayed where we were until the doctors finished everything they needed to do.

"Everything seems fine. She will need some physical therapy since she hasn't used her muscles in 5 years. We'll have to keep an eye on her just to make sure everything stays fine." The doctor looks at me, "It's a miracle she's awake. You must be one lucky daughter." The doctor chuckled and left us.

I ran up to her and hugged her. It felt nice to feel her warmth, her arms around me. I let all my tears spill out and cried in her arms. "Oh dear, it's okay. Don't cry my little lotus." She lifted my chin and wiped my tears away.

"I missed you so much. I thought you'd never wake up." I cried out.

She giggled, "Do you think I'd leave you all alone? I wouldn't forgive myself if I left you or your brother."

I pouted, "You don't need to worry about Yongsun. He replaced you." I hugged her tightly.

"Now, Yunhee, don't say that." Samchon patted my back, "Come on, let your mom rest."

"But she rested for 5 years already." I wiped my face.

Samchon and my mom both laughed. "Call your brother and let him know she's awake." Samchon pushed me out of the room and handed me my phone.

I walked out and dialed Yongsun's number. "Yunhee? Are you okay?"

"Wow, you're worried about me?" I chuckled.

"Wait? Do you have your memory back?" He sounded a little too excited.

"Yea. Come over as soon as you can. There is something else you need to know." I tell him.

"Why not tell me through the phone?" He asked.

"Just come please."

"Alright, I'll leave now and get the next plane out. See you soon. Oh, and I am worried about you. You are my sister after all, and I do love you." I could feel him smile.

"Ew, don't try to be all sweet now. Just hurry up in getting here." He agreed and hung up. I smiled softly. My mom is finally awake. I felt the tears come again. When I look up from the phone I see Leedo standing there. I let tears flow again and ran into his arms.

"Yunhee? Are you okay?" Leedo tries to look at me but I didn't let him.

"My mom woke up." I muffled in his jacket.

"Wait, really? That's great news." Leedo hugged me back. "But why are you here crying?"

"I just called Yongsun to come over as soon as possible. But I couldn't stop the tears, I'm just too happy." Leedo chuckles and places his chin on top of my head. I wipe my tears away and look at him, "Let's go. You need to meet my mom."

Leedo looked shocked. I grabbed his hand and dragged him in. "Mom." I opened the door and walked in with Leedo.

"Oh my, who is this handsome man." My mom giggled as motioned Leedo to sit next to her.

"Hello, madam. I'm Yunhee's bodyguard." He said sheepishly.

"He only is because he wants to." I pouted.

My mom smiled, "So what is he to you?"

I looked away, "Someone annoying who has to have his way. Who never listens to me. Who knows how to push my bottoms and get me so upset." I couldn't finish, I was getting myself upset.

"Ah, he is your lover." My mom giggled.

I jumped up, "Wha...wha... what lover? He's my bodyguard." I fanned myself down, feeling myself heat up.

"I love your daughter. I hope that one day she loves me like how I love you. She's very stubborn." Leedo looked over at me.

I bit my lip and looked away, "I think your feelings are well-received. You just need to pay attention to her actions. Her words and her actions are opposite of each other." She smiled at him and patted his hand.

"You should go home and rest. Come back in the morning." Samchon told me.

"No, I want to stay here with my mom." I grabbed my mom's hand.

"Oh no, my dear, you go ahead and rest. Come back after you wake up." She leans in closer, "I think you need to be clear with that young man. He seems sincere, you should be honest with your feelings." She caressed my cheek. "Leedo, was it? Please take my daughter home. Make sure she rests up." She smiles at him.

"Absolutely. I will look after her." He bowed to her.

I hugged her tightly and kissed her before leaving. I waved goodbye and walked out with Leedo.

"You must be very happy?" Leedo asked me as we drove home.

"I am. I'm even feeling generous." I chuckled.

"Oh really? With what?" He glanced over at me.

"It's a secret." I smiled at him. When we got home, I took a shower first. While Leedo finished up, I thought about what my mom said. Be honest with him. What do I feel when I see him? I heard him come out of the bathroom and make his way to my room.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me.

"I, um not really," I said softly.

"Why? Are you not feeling well?" He walks up to me. I turn to look at him.

"I'm feeling perfectly fine." I bit my lip.

"What's wrong?" He leans in closer.

"Leedo... I love you."