An awkward dinner

"The thing is..." started Catty while she wiped away her tears. "My parents were only 18 when they had me..."

"Oh...God..." said Pharaoh.

"You can guess that they didn't plan....me..." continued the werecat. She just watched the floor and hugged her knees. She was just ashamed to talk about it. "So I was....my life is...just a stupid mistake....You know...My parents worked a ton just so they can keep me alive..feed me, dress me....I can't thank them enough.... They only want the best for me..."

"Look I'm really-" started Pharaoh but couldn't finished it because Mrs. Noir knocked on the door.

The got up from the floor quickly and Catty wiped away her tears. Then the door opened and Catty's mother came into the room.

"Catty-" she looked at her daughter who still had tears in her eyes "we invited Ms. Persicat and her son, Roy to dinner. So they can meet with....you" at that moment she looked at Pharaoh with no emotions" ...Okay? So Catty, I want you to put on a prettier dress. They'll be here in 30 minutes. Before the dinner we gonna have small talk for sure. So, that's all. Bye.." then she left the room and close the door.

"Cool..." said Catty terrified while she laid on her back on the bed. "Could this day get even worse?"

After a half hour the Persicat family arrived : Ms. Persicat and Roy Persicat. They sat down to the dinner table. Mr. and Mrs. Noir also sat down.

Catty slowly and quietly opened her room door. She and Pharaoh looked out also very slowly.

"I think we should go out now.." whispered Catty into his ears.

"..k" Pharaoh answered.

They were holding hands while they were coming to the diner.

"Well, well, well. Catty is finally here and-" Ms. Persicat caught her breath. She looked at Pharaoh with disgust. "Who let this inside?!"

"Oh! God! Please tell me that this thing is Catty's boofriend because she is the only werecat who can touch that!" Roy scoffed.

"It's also a pleasure to meet you, too" said Pharaoh while he stared at Roy's eyes with great anger.

When they sat down to eat dinner, the werecats -except Catty - tried to sit as far from Pharaoh as possible.

"Sooo... Mummie..." started Ms. Persicat "How the hell did you meet with her? I mean guys like you...-"

"Like what?!" stood up Catty. Pharaoh grabbed her hand, shook his head and he silenced her.

"I said, guys like you, just pick up ghouls for only one-hot-minute. And guys like you, can't change. I really hope at least you guys use protecti-"

"ENOUGH!" shouted Catty. Pharaoh never though that she can be that way. But he had to admit to himself that he kinda liked it.

"C'mon darling!" started Roy. "Just answer that question! I don't think you want an accident, do you?"

Catty face turned to red and her eyes filled with tears. She just continued eating her meal and just staring at it. Everybody stayed in silence until Pharaoh had enough. He spoke quietly:

"You guys are worse than my whole family. And trust me, my family is hard to top. Thank you for inviting me to dinner. But I really don't want to increase the tension."

He looked at Catty, got up from the seat and left the diner. Catty immediately followed him.

"Pharaoh!" she said "I-I'm  s-soo sorry!" she grabbed his hand. He turned for her and smiled nicely then hugged her.

"I was just kidding. My mother is the worst, Darling. They can't top her." he laughed.

After this Mr. Noir came into the hall. The two got further from each other quickly.

"Don't kids" said Catty's father "Seth... Look kid, I apologies instead of the others, too. For my side I allow to you to be with my daughter." he got closer to him. "Just make her happy....and don't make mistakes, okay?"

"Yes, Sir" nodded Pharaoh with a small smile.

Mr. Noir looked at her daughter and winked.

"Buuut.. Kids it's getting late so I think you guys should say and kiss goodbye to each other..." then he left the hall...

"Well..." Pharaoh looked at Catty.