CHP. 3 • Lunchtime Panic •

I followed Marinette and her group of friends to the lunch room. She seemed like the type of girl everybody wanted to be friends with and I was starting to have second thoughts about joining her.

"We always sit over here" she said, pointing to a secluded table somewhere in the cafeteria.

'Great' I thought, 'she even had a designated spot in the lunch room. This has to be some sort of cliche.'

I gulped at the thought and glanced around warily. I briefly caught sight of the tomato-haired boy I sat next to, but he was much too busy drawing something in a sketchbook to notice me.

In that moment, I kinda found myself wishing that I could join him instead. He seemed a lot more calm and antisocial in comparison to the group I was currently in.

Marinette sat down and eagerly patted the seat next to her. I tenderly sat down and suddenly, everyone's eyes were on me.

"So Y/N" spoke Marinette with a bright smile, "welcome to Collège Françoise Dupont. This is Alya, Juleka, Rose, Mylène and Alix" she introduced each girl in turn. I smiled weakly and waved a little bit.

I quickly took out my lunchbox and began eating, hoping that their attention would drift to somewhere else, but clearly, luck was not on my side today.

"What about you Y/N? What was school in Belgium like?"

I internally panicked because I hadn't heard a word of what they were speaking about beforehand, but still tried to keep a calm facade.

"Oh, umm, school was cool" I replied lamely. However, for some reason this seemed to do the trick. The girls stared at me with interest and some with excitement.

"Did you take the same classes as you do here?" asked a girl with multicloured dreadlocks.

I nodded my head, not particularly wanting to talk about my old school. The girls didn't seem to catch on to this as they continued to question me.

"It must be hard moving" commented a girls with tanned skin, "especially this far into your education. You must really miss your friends."

I nodded once again, but very half heartedly. I didn't have many friends back at my old school and I certainly didn't have any once they turned their backs on me.

I honestly didn't know how, but the girls still didn't manage to catch onto the fact that I didn't want to talk.

"What about love interests? Did you date anybody?"

I almost sputtered out all my water. How could they ask something so personal on my first day?

"N-No" I stammered out, a faint blush rising to my cheeks at the thought of having a boyfriend.

But the group seemed to take this as a sign to start interrogating me, believing my blush to be of embarrassment. Let's just say they got the wrong idea.

My eyes widened as the familiar feeling of humiliation and dread washed over me. I was caught in the middle of a bunch of girls who apparently thought I was hiding a secret boyfriend.

Okay, screw this.

"I-I got to go" I mumbled, quickly gathering my belongings and dashing from the table. I slowed my speed to a fast walking pace and soon I was out in the hallway again.

I exhaled a breath I did not know I was holding and noticed the fast thumping of my heart. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on calming down again.

I kept trying but it just didn't seem to work and I knew I had to get somewhere before the panic attack hit.

I swiftly ran from the cafeteria to the nearest bathroom, which thankfully, wasn't far. I quickly walked in and locked the door behind me. There was no one else in the bathroom so I sank against the door and placed my head in my hands.

The knot of anxiety increased in my stomach and I found myself rocking back and forth uncontrollably.

Why did I have to be such an antisocial freak and ruin everything on my first day? It seemed like I couldn't do anything right and my last school just proved that. It appears that my old friends were right... I am too weird for anyone to like me...

Suddenly, a fluttering sound shook me out of my panic-induced thoughts. I looked up to see a large dark coloured butterfly flying towards me.

I stood up and moved a little to the side, but for some reason, it kept following me. I froze in my spot and held my breath.

It was dangerously close now and I flinched when it almost landed on my face. I heard a muffled swishing sound and suddenly, my vision was obscured by a dark red cloud.

"Concealer, I am Hawkmoth. It is hard being humiliated by other people who just don't understand that you want to be left alone. I will give you the power to blend in with your surroundings, but in return you have to bring me Ladybug's and Chat Noir's miraculouses."

I started to feel increasingly dizzy. The last thing I heard before passing out was a faint, ' Yes Hawk Moth' and then everything turned dark.