CHP. 11 • The Art Studio •

After classes, Nath and I decided to head up to the art room for an official 'tour' of the school's art studios. Nathaniel seemed pretty excited about it and could barely conceal his happiness as he guided me all the way towards the top floor. I giggled a bit at his eagerness to which he smiled slightly.

He opened a large wooden door and held it open for me to come inside. I smiled at him for the gesture and proceeded to look around the room.

There were already some students present including the girl with short bubblegum pink hair that I met in the lunch room. She was working on a large piece of street art calligraphy with numerous cans of spray paint next to her.

"Hey Alix" greeted Nathaniel as he followed me to where I was standing.

The girl turned around and took off her mask with a small grin and wave. "Hey Nath! Ooh and you brought Y/N. Hi!" she announced, waving at me too.

I smiled back shyly. Alix turned back to her work after that and Nathaniel pulled me over to a vacant desk.

"This is where I usually sit" he said, pulling out a stool and taking a seat in it. I copied his actions and sat beside him at the table.

Nathaniel grasped an art folder from underneath his desk and took out it's contents. I peered over to look at his drawings and gasped at how good they were.

This boy never ceased to surprise me.

Nathaniel glanced at my expression and blushed with a slight smile at my awestruck expression.

"You like them?" he asked shyly. I nodded eagerly and began to examine his works. Most of them were of Ladybug and Char Noir, but there were occasional illustrations of Paris city and original characters.

"What's his name?" I asked, pointing at a drawing of a lean superhero with windswept hair. He had a logo with three dots on his chest and a drawing pad with a pen in hand.

Nathaniel blushed with a sheepish grin but answered anyways. "T-That's uhh, 'Super Nathan'. He uhm... i-is supposed to be the superhero version of myself" he stuttered, becoming visibly embarrassed by the second.

I examined the picture further and my lips curled up into a small smile.

"I like it. I think it's cool" I complimented him, to which he blushed an even darker shade of red.

"Thanks" Nathaniel said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. It was clear that this was a very personal piece that he was sensitive about.

He took out his drawing supplies and turned to me. "Do you have any experience in drawing?" he asked, handing me a pencil.

I shook my head slightly. "No, I was never much of an illustrator. I'm more of a painter to be honest" I admitted.

Nathaniel looked at me in surprise. "Painting? What kind?" he asked.

"Mainly acrylic, but I also enjoy watercolour and oil paints" I explained, watching as his eyes lit up with interest.

"Seriously? I didn't know you were an artist. Can I see some of your works?" Nathaniel asked with excitement.

My eyes widened with surprise and I flushed from being flustered. "Erm, I-I wouldn't consider myself an artist but..." I momentarily glanced at Nathaniel's amused expression and decided to cave in.

"Well, if you want to see them, I suppose you could come over..." I suggested. Nathaniel beamed in response and nodded his head enthusiastically.

"I would love to. I always like to see other people's work, it gives me inspiration for my own" he explained.

I smiled at the red-head. Seems like I've finally found a person who shares my interests.