CHP. 18 • Planning Schemes •

I deliberated on what to wear for a rather long time, but finally, I decided on something more casual. I let down my hair from it's usual low ponytail and slipped on my favourite black shoes, before making my way downstairs. I grabbed my over-the-shoulder bag and left the house. I shut the door behind myself, sighing quietly. I just hoped that Ladybug and Chat Noir took my advice seriously.

The walk to the river didn't take long as it was closer than the journey to school. Soon, I was standing next to André Glacier's bridge and nervously looking out for Nathaniel. I was both uneasy and excited about his arrival. On one hand, he was an akumatized villain, but on the other hand he was also the boy I loved.

Suddenly, a somewhat familiar voice jolted me out of my reverie. "Excuse me, you're Y/N L/N right?"

I turned around to face the person talking and sure enough, it was Ladybug. I smiled pleasantly and nodded.

"Yes, that's me" I replied, watching as Ladybug's face filled with joy.

"Okay good" she began, "can I talk to you for one second?" She asked. Once again I nodded and before I could even blink, Ladybug had scooped me up and shot for the rooftops. I gasped in surprise and held on tightly to her. We landed on a particularly tall building and Ladybug gently let me down onto my feet.

"Sorry about that" she spoke sheepishly, "it's just I feel that this is a safer place to talk than down by the river."

I brushed her apology off with a wave of my hand. "It's no problem, but what did you want to talk about?"

My question caused Ladybug to gain a determined glint in her eyes. "I wanted to ask you a few questions" she explained, showing a thoughtful expression "Did you by any chance run into the Evilustrator? And did he ask you to meet him by the river?"

I nodded in confirmation and decided to elaborate on the story.

"Yeah, he came to my house about half an hour ago and told me to meet him by the river Seine." Ladybug placed a hand over her chin and hummed in response.

"Okay, I think I have a plan!" She spoke, clicking her fingers to emphasis her point, "I'll bring you back to where you were Y/N, so that we could lure the Evillustrator to come to you and then Chat Noir and myself could capture him. Oh!" She exclaimed suddenly, "Didn't you see him become akumatized?" She asked. I nodded before answering.

"I believe his pencil is where the akuma is hiding."

Ladybug grinned, "Thanks Y/N! I hope you don't mind being bait" she laughed awkwardly. I smiled.

"Not at all. If it gets the job done, I don't mind."

Ladybug continued grinning at me, "Spoken like a true Superhero Y/N, perhaps we could use you for future battles, what do you say?"

My eyes gleamed with flattery, "T-Thanks, that... means a lot" I mumbled at the end.

Ladybug gave me a final look of assurance, before zooming off into the sky with me by her side. She propped me onto the ground and gave a thumbs up along with a wink. I grinned and shook my head. Ladybug strangely reminded me of someone, but I suppose that's obvious considering that she's in my class.