CHP. 9 • Talented Artist •

The next day, I walked into my classroom calmer than I had ever remembered doing. Usually, I would have been a nervous wreck coming in, but today, I was unnaturally serene. Seems like Glidde's adrenaline rush idea did work after all.

"Look who it is!" Announced a teasing high-pitched voice.

I merely rolled my eyes and continued walking to my seat, but it seemed that Chloe had other ideas.

"Hey! Don't you dare ignore me! Do you know who I am?!" She yelled, striding up to me threatingly. She got in my face and began yelling a bunch of nonsense, but this time I wasn't backing down.

"Sorry, I can't hear you over the amount of rubbish falling from your mouth" I scoffed, turning away once more.

I heard Chloe gasp in disdain before I felt a rough push to my back. My foot caught onto my other one and suddenly, I was falling forwards.

My hands reached out and I braced for the impact to come. However, instead of falling onto the hard wood floor, I accidentally fell into someone's arms.

"Chloe, didn't I already tell you to leave her alone" came Nath's voice from above me. I briefly glanced upwards only to be met the sight of his clenched jaw. I blushed and quickly scrambled out of his hold with a sheepish grin on my face.

Chloe seemed ready to scream when thankfully, the teacher came into the room. Damn, that woman has some excellent timing skills.

When I noticed Nath's lack of movement, I gently grabbed him under the arm and guided him to our shared desk in the back row. That seemed to knock him out of whatever trance he was in, and once he noticed my hand grasping his arm, he blushed lightly. However, he didn't make any effort to pull away either so I continued to guide him until we were seated.

Once we sat down, I shot him a small smile and mouthed a 'thank you... again', to which he laughed silently and gave me a wink. I grinned at the gesture and turned to face the top of the class.

However, I was soon distracted by the sound of a pencil scribbling quietly next to me. I glanced to where Nathaniel was sitting and peered at what he was drawing.

His sketchbook was open on his lap and he appeared to be deeply concentrating. My eyes widened slightly with panic when I realised he was sketching a very familiar scene.

On the paper, there was an almost perfect image of the Eiffil Tower, but that wasn't what caught my attention. It was what was drawn above the tower that caught my eye.

Circling above the pointed monument, was an angel-like figure, with clouds trailing behind her in a circular motion.

The drawing was absolutely captivating and I completely forgot that I was supposed to be working when suddenly the teacher called on me for an answer.

I eyes shot up to meet the teacher's patient ones. I glanced around and saw that everyone was looking at me and I gulped nervously.

"I'm so sorry Miss, could you repeat that?" I asked with embarrassment. Most people turned around at that stage, but some like Chloe were scowling at my lack of attention.

"I will this once, but please pay attention in the future Y/N" she replied, smiling knowingly at me.

After answering the question correctly, Ms. Bustier moved on to interrogate someone else. I breathed out a heavy sigh and slid down in my seat.

I felt someone nudge me gently and I looked up to meet Nath's turquoise eyes staring at me with amusement.

"Daydreaming?" he asked innocently causing me to smile and nod slightly.

"Yeah, something like that" I replied, my eyes trailing down to the sketchbook propped up on his lap.

Nathaniel caught my line of sight and glanced at me nervously.

"Did you... Were you looking at my drawings?" he asked somewhat shyly.

I looked him in the eyes and grinned. "Yeah, they're absolutely amazing. Where did you learn to draw like that?" I asked curiously.

Nathaniel blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Erm... I just practiced a lot, I guess" he mumbled, turning a light shade of red.

I nodded and smiled brightly at him. "Well, they are definitely incredible. I know for a fact I would buy them if they were for sale."

Nathaniel looked at me with flattered eyes and smiled slightly. "Do you mean that?" he asked.

"Absolutely."