CHP. 8 • Taking to the Skies •

I quickly walked into my room and shut he door behind me.

"What did you want to tell me Glidde?" I asked, letting the kwami out of my bag. The eagle spread his wings as though stretching and turned to face me with a serious expression.

"There are two kwami holders in your class Y/N" he explained, "One of them being a ladybug and the other being the black cat."

My eyes widened in surprise. "So you're telling me... that the superheroes Ladybug and Chat Noir are students in my class!?" I exclaimed.

Glidde nodded. "Yes, yes they are. But remember Y/N, you can't tell anyone about this. It is part of a pact that I can help you but you can't reveal this to others. Got it?" He asked, giving me a long look.

I nodded my head in understanding. The identities of Ladybug and Chat Noir must remain hidden for their own safety, and I wasn't about to go around spreading rumours anyways.

"Well, I suppose I'll find out who they are next time there is an attack in school and two students disappear" I shrugged beginning to take a seat at my desk. I rummage through my school bag and pulled out my homework.

However, it seemed that Glidde had other plans.

"That was a very brave thing you did today Y/N. When you stood up for that boy I mean" he spoke, landing on my notebook and staring up at me.

I sighed but shook my head. "Yeah, I suppose it was. It kinda felt relieving to finally speak up for myself and others without being terrified, but there is no doubt that Chloe will try to make my life a living hell now. What should I do Glidde?" I asked, worry etched onto my features.

The eagle kwami gave a thoughtful look before clapping his wings together and grinning mischievously.

"How about you transform into your superhero form, and then give yourself an adrenaline rush so great in magnitude, that you would have no choice but to believe that school is nothing but a minuscule amount of fear in comparison to this" he said.

I gazed at him sceptically, but considered this option. It seemed like a bit of a stretch but who was I to judge?

"Okay, I suppose we could try it" I agreed, "what would I have to do?"

Glidde flew up until he was directly in front of my face. "First" he began, "you have to transform. Second, you fall from a great height without using your wings. However, I think it's best if you fly slightly past Paris city. There are simply to many watchful eyes here" he concluded with a thoughtful look.

I was pretty impressed to say the least. Perhaps this is what will get me to come out of my shell?

"Sure, let's try it" I spoke, "Glidde, take to the skies!"

I transformed within a matter of seconds and soon, I was soaring though the sky at incredible speeds. As Glidde suggested, I soared all the way past Paris city (which surprisingly, didn't take that long) and when I was sure that I was well off into the countryside, I began my steep descend downwards.

At first, I felt rather relaxed because the wind was somewhat soothing on my face, but as I picked up speed, a twist of anxiety began settling in my stomach. I endured it until the very end and then spread my wings once more to fly high into the sky.

"Woohoo!" I yelled in exhilaration, breathing heavily from the experience. After this, rollercoasters will seem like a children's attraction, not to mention facing people tomorrow. For the first time in ages, I felt as though I could take on the world.

"That was incredible" I breathed, beginning to fly back to my house. As I soared through the air, the Eiffil Tower caught my eye and I made sure to stay hidden within the clouds. I peered downwards and gasped when I spotted a small dot of bright red hair.

"X-ray!" I yelled and suddenly I could see everything with great clarity. My vision zoomed in to focus on the mass of red and I smiled once I realised it truly was Nath.

"Seems like you can spot the guy from a mile away" I grinned as I circled around the tower.

My careless flying must have attracted attention because suddenly, I saw Nath look up and continue staring at the sky with his mouth hanging open.

"Shoot" I cursed, zooming higher into the mass of clouds. With my brief distraction, I must have flown too low for coverage.

Without wasting another minute, I quickly glided all the way to my house and detransformed. I swiftly climbed through the trapdoor on the roof and entered my bedroom without getting noticed.

"So, how did it go?" Asked Glidde with slight exhaustion. My use of 'X-ray' must have tired him out.

I pulled out a chicken wing from one of my side drawers and gave it to him, which he took gratefully.

"It went well. Better than I expected."