CHP. 16 • The Evillustrator •

I swiftly ran back to class in search for help. I would have gladly transformed right then and there, but I couldn't since it was forbidden for me to take down supervillains unless Ladybug or Chat Noir were in danger.

I slammed open the door to my science class and ran inside, earning the attention of everybody in the room. However, I found that I didn't care much at the moment, instead, I was worried about Nathaniel's safety.

"Miss Mendeleiev! Nathaniel has been akumatized!" I exclaimed, causing most of the students to gasp. The teacher turned to me with a wary expression.

"Where did you see this happen Miss L/N?" she asked, scanning the classroom worriedly.

"Just outside in the corridors. I don't think he's left the building" I answered. At this stage, many of the students were exchanging fearful glances and some were whispering frantically. Miss Mendeleiev deliberated a bit, but then sighed in frustration.

"Okay, class dismissed. Stick in groups to avoid getting singled out while I go inform the principal. Oh, and Miss Bourgeois?" She spoke, turning to Chloe. "He could very well be targeting you, so I would watch yourself."

Chloe huffed in disdain and crossed her arms over her chest, however, her next remarks were drowned out by the noise of bustling students heading for the exit. I quickly followed them out while glancing around myself, to ensure that Nathaniel wasn't anywhere in sight. When I was sure, I sighed in relief and walked out of the school building.

On my way home I didn't bump into him, which both worried and relieved me simultaneously. After around twenty minutes of walking, I finally arrived at my house. My dad was at home and he looked up in surprise at my early arrival.

"Y/N? How come you're home already?" he asked with an arched eyebrow, placing his newspaper down onto the coffee table. I entered the living room and sat down on the couch opposite him, leaving my school bag lying in the hallway.

"Nathaniel got akumatized" I explained, "We were sent home because the teachers weren't sure if he'd left the building." My dad gained a thoughtful expression and proceeded to stare out of the window.

"What happened to him? That boy seemed fairly calm-minded to me" he commented, turning back to meet my eyes. I sighed and shook my head in slight frustration.

"He was just having a horrible day" I sighed, "First he got yelled at for falling asleep in class and then he tripped on the stairs in front of everyone and-" I blushed lightly as I remembered the events that followed. Chloe proclaimed that Nathaniel drew me often, but, why would he? I mean, I'm not exactly that interesting.

My dad exhaled a low breath at what I told him. "That sounds rough" he commented, beginning to stand up. I looked at him in confusion but then remembered that he goes to work at around this time.

"Have fun at work" I replied teasingly. My dad chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure" he said, extending the 'sure' so that it sounded like a joke. I grinned at my dad and waved him goodbye. He collected his briefcase from the counter and then left through the front door with a small smile, leaving me alone in the house.

Suddenly, I heard the window open somewhere upstairs, causing a chill to run down my spine. I hoped it was just a draft, but deep down I knew, it was probably Nathaniel's supervillain.

I crept around the couch and looked for a place to hide. Eventually, my eyes landed on the press, which stood in the corner of the room, and as quietly as possible, I walked over to it. I pulled open the doors and climbed inside, trying to make myself as compact as I could, before closing the doors firmly. It was dark, but at least I could still make out the sounds outside.

I heard footsteps walking down the steps towards the living room and I held my breath once I felt somebody's presence.

"Y/N?" called a Nathaniel's voice, sounding awfully close to where I was hiding. I shut my eyes tightly, hoping that he was looking for me, rather than already knowing where I was. After a few moments passed, I heard him release a sigh and suddenly he leaned against the other side of the doors. I heard him slide down to sit on the floor and I held my breath.

"Y/N, I'm not going to hurt you, please come out" he spoke gently, sounding sad yet confident. I turned my head to the side and whispered through the crack between the doors.

"And how do I know that? You're not yourself" I reasoned, earning a wistful sigh from him. It was quiet for a moment, but soon he spoke up.

"I could never hurt you Y/N, not when I'm in love with you."