CHP. 5 • Secrets Revealed •

I was crouched down on the cold asphalt, holding my pounding head in my hands.

'What was that? What happened to me?'

The superhero that saved me keeled before me and offered his hand for me to take. I grasped it tightly and allowed myself to be pulled up by him.

"You stole something while you were transformed. I believe a pair of earrings and a ring?" spoke the superhero, pointing at my pockets.

Curiously, I placed my hand in my pocket and sure enough, there was a pair of ladybug themed earrings and a black cat ring. I gave them to the superhero and he nodded gratefully to me.

"If it is alright, can you stay here while I go deliver these?"

I nodded subtly and before I knew it, the man soared into the air.

After a few moments of waiting, I saw what seemed like bright red swirls encasing Paris city, only to disappear from sight once more. Following the appearance of the red swirls, the superhero came back and beckoned for me to climb onto his back. I did so without questioning. After all, this man saved me from potential evil.

I gasped and grabbed onto him tighter when we flew into the air at agonising speeds. However, there was really nothing to worry about because soon, we were standing on the roof of my house.

I carefully climbed off and was about to thank him but suddenly, he began detransforming. I held my breath and took a step back, only to gasp and cover my mouth.

"Dad?" I asked, feeling dumbfounded.

My father merely shook his head and asked me followed him. We climbed in through the entrance on the top of the roof and walking all the way down to the living room. My step mother was probably at work, so that just left the two of us in the house.

"Y/N, I have been wanting to explain this to you for a long time now, but it just never seemed like the right moment" he began, turning to face me for a brief moment. He sat down on the couch and I took a seat opposite him.

"In the world, there exists three kinds of people. The superheroes, the villains and the civilians. We, Y/N, come from a long line of superheroes and I believe now is the time to hand this to you" he said, begging to take off the wooden necklace he always wore. He gave it for me to take and I traced the familiar eagle figure with my finger tips.

"Put it on."

Being extra careful, I slipped on the necklace and watched with amazement as it shrunk to fit my size. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and a small eagle figure appeared in front of me.

"Ah, Y/N! It is a pleasure to finally meet you. I am Glidde, your new kwami" introduced the figure, bowing slightly to me.

My eyes widened with surprise and I turned to my Dad, only to see him smiling warmly at me with pride. I turned my gaze back to the kwami and for the first time in months, smiled genuinely.

"Incredible."

My Dad chuckled. "I know right. When I first recieved him, I was surprised too."

My mouth opened multiple times but I couldn't seem to form a coherent sentence.

"T-Thank you, Dad" I stuttered, continuing to stare at the kwami in amazement. "Hi Glidde, it's nice to meet you too."

The eagle kwami grinned and floated to land on my shoulder. I stared at my Dad with curiosity and he seemed to catch on to my look.

"You're probably wondering what do now?"

I nodded my head.

"Well, to transform into a superhero, you need to say 'Glidde, take to the skies'. That will cause you to grow wings on your back and obtain your weapon, which is a talon sword. Would you like to try it?"

"Okay" I spoke, "Glidde, take to the skies!"

Suddenly, I felt a tight suit wrap around me and I felt strangely invincible. A pair of large, feathery wings sprouted from my back and I felt a mask coil around the tip half of my face.

"Very good" my Dad commented, "now, every superhero had a main special ability. Yours is to see through disguises, which is actually how I found you" he explained. "To activate it you need to say 'X-ray'."

"X-ray!" I exclaimed. I felt my eyes beginning to glow a bright yellow colour and suddenly, I was able to see everything to the finest of detail.

"If there are no one in close proximity to you who is hiding something, your vision will become oddly sharp, but when there is someone wishing to conceal something, they will appear with a faint golden outline around them."

I glanced around and saw a faint golden aura next door to us. I concentrated and suddenly, I was able to see my next door neighbour attempting to steal cookies front he cabinet in perfect clarity. I laughed silently and turned my gaze back to my Dad.

"After you use your special ability, it will only be a matter of minutes before you detransform. To do it manually you have to say 'Glidde, wings fold'."

"Glidde, wings fold!"

The tight costume disappeared, along with the mask and my wings curled up into my back, also disappearing.

"Well done!" My Dad praised.

"Good job Y/N" spoke Glidde, "but I would really like a chicken wing if you don't mind."

"Of course" I replied and rummage in the fridge for the food. It was now that it dawned on me why we always seemed to have a plentiful supply of them.

I took out a fairly large chicken wing and gave it to Glidde to eat. He gobbled it up in the span of two seconds and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Oh, Y/N. There is one more thing" my dad spoke.

"You must not transform in Paris unless Ladybug and Chat Noir are in danger. Today was a close call, but thankfully Ladybug's power managed to alter their memories so that they only remember their miraculouses being taken."

I nodded in understanding. "So I'm not allowed to transform unless the superheroes of Paris need my help?"

"Yes, that is correct."