CHP. 19 • Confessions •

I only had to wait for a moment longer before Nathaniel made his appearance. However, I couldn't help but stare in shock at what I was seeing once he arrived.

Streaming down the Seine was a medium sized boat with an open top and multiple fairy light draped around it. I stared in awe, but smiled brightly when I saw Nathaniel wave for me to come over. The boat swerved and drifted towards the side bank of the river, making it easy for me to hop on. Nathaniel stretched out his hand to tightly grasp mine, before gently pulling me onto the boat with him.

"Hey Y/N" he greeted somewhat confidently. I smiled at him and both of us took a seat on the bench which was prepared for us on the boat. By now, it was dark outside, so the fairy lights gave an enchanting glow as we drifted down the river.

Suddenly a rose appeared in my peripheral vision and I gasped once I took a closer look at it. Instead of being only one colour, the rose had multiple hues blended into it's petals. There was a mix of black, red and purple, swirling from the centre, all the way out to the furthest petals.

"Thank you Nath, i-it's beautiful" I stuttered while smiling like an idiot. Nathaniel grinned and looked at me with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Not as beautiful as you Y/N" he spoke gently, moving closer to me. I gazed into his eyes and we were about to lean in when suddenly-

"Aha!"

Nathaniel's pen was knocked out of his hand by a long silver baton and before I had time to react, Ladybug and Chat Noir had appeared on the boat behind us. Nathaniel growled and rushed to pick up his pen. However, Ladybug anticipated this and quickly trapped him with her yo-yo. Chat Noir grabbed the pen and snapped it in half, causing a dark butterfly to flutter out. Ladybug unravelled Nathaniel, who was now detransforming, and quickly captured the akuma before it could fly away.

"Bye bye little butterfly" she spoke, as a pure white butterfly flew from inside her yo-yo.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" She yelled, throwing what appeared to be dotted box into he sky. Millions of tiny red swirls sprouted from the box and suddenly, they began spreading throughout Paris city. Some came down towards us and we were abruptly transported towards the river bank.

I heard Nathaniel gasp and fall to his hands and knees. I gained a worried look and crouched down beside him.

"Nath, are you alright?" I asked, helping him up to his feet. He nodded and glanced around anxiously once he noticed Ladybug and Chat Noir standing near him.

"What.... what happened?" He asked, glancing to me for an explanation. I sighed and rubbed the back of my head once I remembered his confession from earlier. My face turned red, causing Nathaniel's eyebrows to raise in panic.

"I-I didn't hurt you, did I? I'm so sorry if I did Y/N, I swear I didn't mean it!" He exclaimed, jumping to conclusions. I grinned at him and shook my head.

"No, you didn't hurt me... in fact" my face burned even darker at what I was about to say. I glanced to the side to see Ladybug giving me a thumbs up and Chat Noir smirking at the scene, however, at that moment their miraculous's beeped, signalling that they should leave. They waved goodbye to us both and simultaneously zoomed into the darkness of night. I turned back to Nathaniel.

"D-Did... did you mean what you said, Nath?" I asked timidly, "That... well... you l-loved me?"

Nathaniel's eyes widened in surprise and his face visibly reddened. He didn't say anything, causing my mind to spiral out of control in anticipation. What if this was a mistake? What if he didn't love me after all and it was only because he was akumatized that he said all of those things?

I began to back away, my heart beating painfully as those thoughts filled my head. However, I didn't get very far as suddenly, arms wrapped around my waist and a single hand lifted my chin up to look Nathaniel in the eyes. At that moment, they were glowing with an emotion I couldn't quite comprehend but the intensity alone caused shivers to go down my spine.

"Of course I did Y/N. How could I not love you?" He asked, smiling a bit. I gasped and froze to the spot. So... he did love me after all?

Refusing to waste anymore time, Nathaniel swiftly leaned down and captured my lips with his. My heart exploded with warm emotion and my hands wrapped around his neck.

Before the kiss could go further, Nathaniel pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine. We were both out of breath, but that didn't prevent us from smiling widely.

"I love you Y/N" he muttered, closing his eyes. I gently brushed my nose against his causing a small smile to appear on his features before pecking his lips once more and grinning.

"I love you too Nath."