CHP. 17 • Desperate Times, Call for Desperate Measures •

My mouth hung open in shock as I absorbed what Nathaniel just said.

'He... He's in love with me?' I thought, blushing madly. The warm feeling I got when I was around him exploded at that moment and suddenly, I didn't feel the need to hide from him anymore. I gently pushed the doors open and stepped out onto my living room.

Nathaniel stood up with my arrival and quickly walked up to me, pulling me into a protective embrace. I reciprocated his actions by winding my arms around him and placing my head on his chest. Even in his evilized state, I could still make out the beat of his accelerated heart rate, causing me to smile into our embrace.

"Do you mean that?" I asked, pulling away slightly to stare into his eyes. Nathaniel looked at me with a small smile and nodded his head.

"Of course, how could I not be? You are the most amazing, creative and intelligent girl I know Y/N. You are always there for me when I need you and most importantly, you understand me better than anyone else."

I was shocked speechless by his love confession and even more so when his head moved down to swiftly capture my lips. At first, I didn't know how to respond, but gradually, I melted into the kiss. I felt fuzzy electricity spread throughout my body as Nathaniel used one arm to cup my face and the other to wrap around my waist. My hands traveled to reach around his neck and I gently pulled on his windswept hair.

After a what seemed like an eternity, Nathaniel pulled away and stared me in the eyes with a sence of longing. I noticed that although his entire attire had changed, his eyes remained the same turquoise shade as they were when he was normal. Both of us were breathing heavily but also smiling brightly at what just happened. I had never kissed a guy before, so this was a first for me.

"Y/N" he began, leaning his forehead on mine, "would you go on a date with me? For my birthday?" I glanced eagerly into his eyes. How could I say no?

"Of course I'll go with you!"

Nathaniel smiled with an excited look in his eye. "Cool! Meet me at the river in one hour!" he exclaimed before jumping out of the window again.

I released a breath I didn't realised I was holding. Was this really happening? Surely Nathaniel wouldn't actually remember all of this when he is defeated by Ladybug and Chat Noir? That last thought made me particularly sad. There was no doubt in my mind that what Nathaniel said came right from the heart, but what's the point of him proclaiming his love to me and even going on a date, if he won't remember it?

I sighed. Guess it's time for me to intervene.

"Glidde, take to the skies!" I exclaimed, earning a surprised yelp from the eagle kwami. Glidde zoomed into the wooden necklace around my neck and I felt the effects of the transformation take place. Large golden wings appeared on my back and the talon dagger latched to my side. I quickly took it out to call Ladybug and Chat Noir. After no more than two seconds of ringing, both of them picked up their devices.

"Hello? Who is this?" asked Ladybug with evident confusion. She was probably wondering who else could possibly access their devices. I sighed and flew into the sky, before turning on the video.

"My name is Orlon. I am a superhero holding the eagle miraculous and I was given strict orders to only help you when in time of crisis. However..." I paused, looking down at the screen to see a shocked Ladybug and Chat Noir staring at me, "considering that I know the exact whereabouts of the supervillain Evillustrator, I decided to let you in on his plans." The two listened in closely to what I had to say.

"He will be at the river Seine in just under an hour" I continued as I flew over Paris, "I overheard him speaking with a short H/C about going there." Chat Noir seemed delighted with the news but Ladybug frowned and stared at me suspiciously.

"You sound like you know quite a lot of details Orlon. How do we know that you aren't just one of Hawkmoth's evilized villains?" she asked. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I suppose you don't Ladybug, but it's either you trust me on this one, or never find him, because I know for one that the Evilustrator is good at erasing his tracks, literally" I chuckled, earning an approving grin from Chat Noir at the pun. Ladybug sighed but nodded her head.

"Okay, I suppose we'll trust you this time" she announced begging to run towards the river, "see you later Orlon."

"Bye Ladybug, Chat Noir" I said, ending the call with a click of a button. I gently flew back to my house, but this time, I landed in my bedroom.

'Well, looks like I have a date to prepare for.'