Chapter Seventeen

"Arielle?" Sebastian asked, "Are you okay?"

Arielle sat there and pondered Sebastian's question as she wrapped up his shoulder and winced, "Doesn't that hurt? I can't believe you got hurt."

"Ari..." Sebastian stopped her, touching her hand, "Talk to me."

"I am talking to you Seb," She sighed, "Are you in pain?"

"My shoulder is fine Ari, are you okay?" He asked once more as she finished up the wrap and put the kit back.

She sat with her back faced him a little longer, "How are we going to get rid of the guilt and death in this house Sebastian? You took lives out there and are we supposed to walk along the halls as if nothing happened?"

"Arielle, any lives that were took tonight deserved it." Sebastian reassured her, "If I hadn't done what I did, you would've been killed. To me, everyone that was lost tonight was done for the right reason. I'd rather lose them than lose you. The guys will have it cleaned up and you won't even notice."

"Maybe they should've gotten me." Arielle muttered.

Despite her voice being soft and quiet that was enough for Sebastian to stand and make it way over to Arielle and lifting her chin with a low, deep voice he asked Arielle to recite what she had said.

"Sebastian I cannot wrap my head around the fact that in anyway, shape, or form the lives of multiple men would've been worth any life one just my own." Arielle  sighed, looking him dead in the eyes only to be met with hurt.

Sebastian watched as his lover spoke of her life as if it was meaningless and something she could throw away easily to please a couple more lives on this Earth.

It was times like this that Arielle's heart of gold brought pain to Sebastian.

"How could you let words like that out of your mouth Arielle? What about us? What about me?" Sebastian grunted before standing up and making his way to the bed with his hands in his hair.

Arielle followed as she watched Sebastian change from his pants to a pair of sweatpants.

Despite lacking a shirt, Arielle's eyes stayed at Sebastian's face.

He was getting frustrated, she could tell.

"Sebastian, there are men out there in our hallway that died!" Arielle groaned, "It's not always about us! Those men can't return to their families! There are kids who will not have fathers who return and woman who will wait until they can't anymore for someone who can't come back!"

She continued to follow as Sebastian made his way to his side of the bed and sat with his back facing her, "You will always be worth more to me than any of those fuckers out there Ari, whether you like that or not remember that."

"Sebastian those men—"

"Arielle, can you see it from my eyes for once? For once be selfish as think about us!" Sebastian yelled, raising his voice. "If I had to come in here today and find you were gone... how?"

"Seb—"

"No Arielle." Sebastian mumbled, "How—how could I walk in here today and find your body like that? I can live every night with the burden of those men as I do for the others. But tell me how I am supposed to live at night knowing that I couldn't even keep the one thing that makes me get up in the morning every damn day safe?"

Arielle watched as his back slump down as his hands held his face.

"Arielle, you are single-handedly the only person in this world that I feel so strongly for and if I lost that I don't even know what I would do. If I ever lost you, I don't even know what I would do."