Chapter 35

Joseph's POV

Ok... Was I dreaming or I just misheard something? She still loves me? She cant right? She choose Andrie than me but she loves me? Well, that sounds like bullshit.

Everything went silent in the car, Avi was looking outside while biting her lip making it bleed. She touched her lip, seeing blood on her finger.

Avi: Oh shit...

You: Why did you bite your lips like that?

Avi: I was nervous

You: Why?

Avi: I... Because I didn't know what you will think of me...

You: A-ahh that...uhmm

Avi: Its fine... I know it was so sudden

You: W-where here

She looked up and saw our house. The lights in the living room was open so I assumed Gaelle is still awake. Avi got out excited and carried Junior making sure she wont wake him up.

Avi: Ill go to your room.

You: O-ohh...yeah sure

She left while I grabbed their luggages and locked the doors of the car and went inside. I saw Avi and Gaelle hugging each other, crying.

Avi's POV

I carried Junior to Joseph's room until I saw Gaelle waking out her room with wide eyes.

Gaelle: A-avi?

You: Shh

I was tearing up already, so I went inside Joseph's room and laid Junior on his bed.
I went outside and grabbed Gaelle by the wrist and pulled her down stairs and started hugging.

Gaelle: I miss you so much!

You: I miss you too!

Gaelle: Why are you here? Wheres Andrie?

You: Ill tell you everything first thing in the morning...By the way, wheres Mary?

Gaelle: Shes back home, busy with our cafe shop.

You: You, why are you here?

Gaelle: Im on vacation. At first Mary didn't want me to go because she will be lonely.

You: Aww. You shouldn't have left her there alone.

Gaelle: She will come here too. Maybe this Friday?

You: Really?

Gaelle: Yup, anyways Joseph-

I looked at my back and found Joseph nowhere to be seen. We both looked around the house and I saw him with Junior. He was brushing Junior's hair with his fingers, while Junior is still sleeping. He suddenly turned around and saw me standing there.

Joseph: Oh! You're here...

You: You and Junior can sleep here. I'll sleep with Gaelle in her room.

Joseph: No no! You can sleep here. I'll just sleep on the couch.

You: But-

He suddenly stood up and went to get a blanket and a pillow. He smiled at me and went to the living room. I put my hand to my chest feeling my heart beating so fast... it's like I ran a marathon.

You: Why am I being like this...

I carefully went to bed next to Junior and kissed his forehead. As I laid down, the pillow smells like Joseph. I tried to sleep but couldn't, I stood up and looked around his room. Everything was still the same until I saw a picture of us in a cute frame. I smiled and went to the living room where Joseph is supposed to sleep, but when I got there I saw Joseph drinking beer from a can. I went to him and sat down next to him.