Chapter 1

Before I start I want to thank all the readers for checking out this story and if you have any ideas regarding this story or where it should lead feel free to tell me, it will help me shape this story.

________________________________________

The water in the Helious rippled and sloshed dangerously close to the edge with every movement I made. I carefully balanced it towards the table in the drawing-room.

Each drop is precious and not to be wasted. It is a legacy, after all, passed on from dad to Kayden, the eldest sibling in the family.

I had no particular liking towards the beautifully crafted purple glass bowl. Though I can appreciate the craftsmanship. I have always looked at it with disdain since my tenth birthday

But I can overcome that, just for today, for today is Ash's tenth birthday.

I passed the dining table, the dinner sat on the table untouched. We were too excited even for dinner. Food can come later, there is always time for celebration after the ceremony is complete.

" I bet it is going to be orange." I could sense the teasing in Skye's voice without turning to look at them. My sole concentration is on delivering the bowl to its place. Skye is the second child, I am third and Ash is the youngest with Kayden being the oldest.

But still, I peeked at them from the corner of my eyes. I saw Ash shifting his hairs from his eyes, looking up at Skye with narrowed eyes and folded arms.

" What no, that is so eww, I want a shade of green or blue. A lighter shade like the clear blue ocean or green like mom's eyes." the smile was clear in his voice.

He had always leaned more on the side of defence rather than offence so we understand his choice.

But that didn't mean that we had a choice in which colour we get, we have to wait to see on the 10th birthday.

That is why everyone is gathered in the hall at 1:30 in the morning on the 24th of October. To see which colour Ash will receive when the clock strikes 1:55, the time Ash was born.

Our powers are activated when we turn ten and people are generally too excited to wait till next morning to know the colour. it is a proud moment for the family and well celebrated.

I swiftly slid the bowl on the black marble table, the water gleaming against the purple glass reflecting numerous colours dancing through its surface. I tore my eyes away from it and tried to bring all the happiness and enthusiasm to the surface. I plastered a small smile on my face as I looked at Ash giggling with enthusiasm.

Dad is sitting on the sofa, his usual calm and collected demeanour was now lined with happiness. It was clear to see as he narrated his story of when he received his colour to Ash. Who leaned on him, eyes wide as he listened to the same story. We hear it at every ceremony, when Kayden, Skye, and I got our colours. It seemed to be a tradition, and Ash listened on his turn.

He lazily raised his palm, flat facing upward as a pale blue disc with a hint of yellow took shape in his hand expanding to a shield as he showed off his ability.

That was dad's colour. A pale almost transparent blue with a warm undertone. Everyone has their distinctive colour, no two colours are ever the same and our colours determine our abilities.

Defence- lighter and softer colours including all the shades of grey.

Offence darker colours- red, orange, dark green, dark blue, and everything that falls in between.

Creation- all the shades of purple and pink with a few neutral colours.

I joined then on the sofa, seating beside dad as we waited for mom and Kayden to join.