Chapter 16

The train came to a halt and the glass door slid open before me, I stepped down and moved back as Skye climbed down with suitcase in hand.

I grabbed mine from his hand and we walked to the general direction of the exit. The platform was relatively empty, I could barely see any civilians, just workers or government officials. Lots of officers walking the platform.

I frowned at the scene, still, we made our way to the exit. As expected they had heavy security at the entry to the town.

Security guards stood on both sides of the doorway in the azure-colored uniform.

They gazed at us and immediately stiffened.

" Do you have any papers?" the brunette one asked scanning our appearance in suspicion.

" No but we are here to see our grandma" Skye spoke up from beside me, his voice matching the guard's in sternness.

He narrowed his eyes at us and beckoned us forward to a screen fitted on the wall beside where he stood.

" Name and age" he asked, taping on the scream to open some sort of database.

" Mazeria Rollan, aged 68 " I replied in a monotone, inside I was shivering in nervousness. What if he catches us, the way the security guards are looking at us in suspicion I am not getting any good vibes from them.

" Adress, your relation to her and, names" he asks typing the details I just spoke but this time Skye decided to answer.

" 12-A, Bakers villa street, Urydale. And relation is of grandchildren and grandmother, names Ariella Perez and Skye Perez"

" ID cards," he asked with a hand outstretched, I pulled my card out and we handed them over. Skye and I locked eyes and I conveyed my confusion. Confusion that was being slowly tinted with suspicion. We have traveled to many towns and cities before for vacations but never have we been asked for ID's or this kind of information. Not to mention the tight security on the platform.

Another thing that was being confirmed from that article.

He took our cards and swiped it near the screen on the scanner.

Our ID's flashed on the screen, our names with photos and the color. He typed some more on the touchpad before nodding at us and handing back our ID's.

He turned to us with a look in his eyes. Skye placed a protective arm on my shoulder and steered us towards the exit.

We step down the small flight of the stairs, entering Urydale.

It is getting late, the sun has gone down long ago and streetlights illuminated the busy streets, we have been walking continuously for two hours around this town, but nothing looked out of the place. Sweat was gathering at the nape of my neck, silver-blonde hairs sticking to it. I muttered something to Skye now and then, whining about not finding a hotel. We have been carrying our suitcases with us and I don't know if it was that because the people have been acting weird. Some look at us with curiosity and some with suspicion.

Whatever curiosity they had is not enough to make them approachable. Especially the adults, they try to avoid talking to us or answering any question.

"Where the hell are we supposed to find a damn hotel" Skye grumbled behind me.

This town is littered with officers in every street, so either this is a small town or there is a reason for so much security.

" Good colors sir" I greeted an old man with a smile and an extended hand.

But he didn't return my greeting nor my smile so I withdrew my hand. His eyes darted here and there and before he could walk away I got to the point.

" Is there a hotel around here?" I asked politely with barely contained irritation, but as usual he rushed away without sparing a second.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and Skye sighed in frustration.

I looked around the streets, at the shops and people. Everything was just normal and boring, but the way people were acting I didn't want to come here ever again.

My eyes took in the scene before me, I stopped my gazed at the commotion or lack thereof.

An officer in azure uniform was grabbing a little boy by his arm. The boy tried to push him away, thrashing in the officer's grip.

The officer yanked him back and snarled at him, "where is your mother you worthless piece of shit" he spat at the boy who was at the brink of tears.

Everyone passed by the scene unbothered, even if someone did stop, they maintained their distance. Watching the drama unfold.

No one was helping him, not even objecting to the mistreatment.

I can't take this anymore, why was no one stopping him.

I stepped towards them but Skye pulled me back.

" Ariel we can't draw attention to us" Skye whispered harshly in warning, but I was already pulling his hand off my arm and marched towards the officer.

I won't tolerate this.

" That is no way to talk to a child" I spoke, my anger radiating in the street and people stopped to witness.

Any guesses what is going to happen next?

They can't find a hotel so do you think they will go to their grandmother's house?

Your suggestions are valuable so comment them whenever you have one 😄