Chapter 42

Bellspe Officer Traning.

The name rings in my mind as a distinct memory. Where have I heard that before?

The knowledge slams me in my face. Of course, I have heard of it. Thane blabbers about it on a daily basis, it is the best academy in Athesy, the best ones with huge placements and packages.

Thane talks about it all the time, he wants to be an officer, and Bellspe is a golden opportunity that he wants to grab.

And that makes me question, why is an officer trained from such a prestigious academy posted in Urydale, a town with zero identity.

Things just don't add up. Why does an officer need to carry a gun, especially the one who had taken training from Bellspe?

There is only one person who can confirm my doubts, I pull out my phone and scroll down to Kayden's number, this is not something I can just google but something a lawyer can get his hands on. He must be in his office now so all the more convenient.

The phone rings a few seconds before Kayden picks up.

"You have decided to call me after three days? Even Skye had the decency to fill me in." That was the first thing Kayden said and I wince at the mistake, he is not letting it on but I know that he was worried. I haven't talked to anyone at home, I couldn't bring myself to after who I found here.

" I am sorry I have been busy" I spoke in a small voice.

" Busy day and night" Kayden taunted with disappointment. I swallowed. I am sure Skye had him know everything about the night club. I have been busy breaking the law at night and worrying about it in the day.

" How is everyone," I asked in a small voice, I haven't even talked to mom or Ash and I regret not calling them before.

" Good, what about you" Kayden exhaled with a question.

" I- "I found our Nanu, he is alive and I am with him. I am sorry I am a coward and I can't handle seeing you all going through the same emotions I went through so I didn't tell you this before. And tell mom too, that Nanu is alive.

That is what I actually wanted to say but I swallowed it in " I found something and I need you to cross-check it. Did Skye fill you in on everything?" I asked just to confirm.

" Yes, mostly everything"

" Kayden the officers here carry a gun, a real gun" I whispered to him, checking the corridors to make sure it is empty as I curve my other hand on my mouth. " What do they need a gun for, especially an officer trained from Bellspe?"

" Hmm, this doesn't add up. Surely the gun is not for his protection? And who is that officer do you have a name?" Kayden asked.

" Yes Kay Alzen, age 26. Can you check it out? I have a-" I didn't hear him, I was so stupidly engrossed but I saw him walking to me, I stopped mid-sentence as my breath caught in my throat, dread creeping up my spine as I took in his smirk.

I took in a short breath, " I no, I want a cupcake Stary, chocolate and mint" I shakily spoke the only thing that came to my mind and casually placed a hand on the window sill. I hope it came out as casually and not tense in fear that he heard me saying.

Kayden remained silent on his end but he knew something is up. I laughed lightly, trying to keep the tension out of my voice. He walked closer and I watched out of the corner of my eyes as the distance shortened between us.

" Noo what are you talking about" I gave a short laugh after that.

" Ariel is Skye there, did you come with him?" Kayden asked holding his breath, his voice low and measured, as if consoling a scared child.