Chapter 11

I take a breath when I enter the library, it took real effort to convince Valiena that I am going to library to do some actual work.

Skye took Ash home and he will be back in three hours for me.

" Good colors Miss. Raven" I greet the librarian and she just nods. No surprise here, she is possessive of the books and despises students who use it, apparently.

I maneuver between bookshelves, I don't really know what I am looking for because I don't know where to begin my search.

Skipping through shelves I scan the History& Colors section. It has old leather bound books and newly printed books as well.

The Revolution of Darcy. How we came into being. What is evolution. The Literary Colors. The Theory of Colors.

The Theory of Colors. I pull out the leather bound book, it is a large book, larger than the encyclopedias. I quickly place the book and my bag on a nearby table.

After searching the whole library for twenty minutes I have a stack of the books with possible information on Ash's condition.

I have been going to this library since I joined the school so I know every corner here like the back of my hand and finding books is never difficult for me.

I place the books near the previous one and pull out a chair to sit. The books range from Colors to human anatomy.

I quickly open the index and scan for anything related.

I skimmed through several pages but none had any mention of being colourless. Nothing on that.

I push the rejected books aside with a sigh.

I have been here for over an hour and I haven't found a word on it.

Maybe I should try the tablets here.

The tablets are fitted at every table on a rotating stand so I pull the one nearest to me, its joints unfold beneath it as I adjust it to face me.

The Academy tablets have special data stored on them, articles surveys and sometimes incomplete and complete research documents too.

I tap the search bar and quickly enter the key words- WITHOUT COLOR.

The search results loaded and I skipped through them, scrolling down, vaguely reading the titles.

It is all useless, there is nothing here.

I tap my foot in frustration, and maneuver to the 7th page.

It loads something and a title catches my eyes.

PEOPLE WITHOUT COLOR. MYTH OR REALITY?

I enter the website and wow it looks shabby.

But still I read the whole article thoroughly.

Nothing.

Absolute bullshit.

It had all the rubbish from immortality to super -humans.

I fold my hands on the table and place my head on it, I bend the tablet down and continued to browse as tears prick my eyes.

Today has just been a disaster, first I lost my place in the team and now I can't even find anything to help Ash.

The peaceful silence of the library compelled a few tears from my eyes, they slide down my cheek and I wiped them with the back of my hand.