Chapter 28

" No don't give me any excuses. You knew what we were looking for and you didn't bother to tell me before. When were you going to tell me that you are colourless" I hissed at him while poking him with my figure to make my point clear. I had my other arm placed on my waist as I tried to glare at him in the waking light of the sunrise.

We were standing in front of his house, but I can't go in before blowing off my steam. What I am feeling couldn't begin to describe what I am showing.

" I couldn't tell you, Ariel, it was dangerous" came his excuse. That flared my anger.

" Oh, so you mean it was more dangerous than me getting 'almost killed'. " I made the air quotes as I mocked his stupid excuses. " I have been running around this town to find something, anything about colourless and now I find that I was living with the two of them."

Tears rimmed my eyes as my anger and frustration grew with every word of accusations I spit out, finally uncapping the bottle that I have been trying to screw close during the 'meeting'.

He sighed," I told you that was never my intention I was just trying to-

" To access if I was of any use to your cause or I was just another dumb tourist here to meet her grandma." I threw the words at him as my voice chocked with the unshed tears.

I am trying so hard to hold them back, but the realization that he knew all along was too much. He was just acting, pretending to be nice when he offered us a place to stay, and when he took me shopping. That was all just a bloody game.

He must have mistaken my teary eyes for my heartbreak or sadness because his face softened and he reached forward as if to console me. I stepped back and glared at him through the tears. I am not teary because I am sad that he lied to me I am angry because he lied to me.

Suddenly the door banged open behind me. I turned around to see who has caught us out here.

Skye stood at the door, a fierce glare itched on his face. His eyes were focused on my teary face and he clenched his jaw, a vein training in his neck as he fixed Zane with a death glare. He marched forward, probably to demonstrate how to throw punches.

Before he could grab him I stepped forward, blocking Zane with my body, I stood as a barrier between the two. Both looked down at me with a confused look.

I shook my head at Skye and grabbed his arm. I don't want him fighting with Zane when we have much important things to discuss.

He shook his hand out of my grip, "What did you-" I cut him off.

" Skye not now. Please" I whispered softly to him, maybe it was my tone or my drained look because he restrained himself.

I looked up at him, the whole night had drained me to my bones. Keeping my sore eyes open was turning to require my concentration, a constant headache kept knocking at my head.

I don't have the energy to deal with this right now.

I didn't turn to look back at Zane, I simply pulled Skye along with me to the door and moved inside up to my room.

I entered the room and headed straight for the bathroom, I grabbed the knob and hesitated a little before twisting it open and entering. I splashed my face with cool water to get recharged for what is going to be a long discussion filled with argument.

Skye was standing near the door when I came out, an agitated look on his face. I blinked in confusion.

Why is he looking so angry when I didn't even tell him anything about Zane and the colorless.

It clicked after a few minutes and I smacked my head at his behaviour.

" You are taking it all wrong Skye. It is not what you think." I struggled to find words to ease out the awakrdness in the air.

" What are you trying to say?" he asked with folded arms.

"I have good news" I spelt out slowly as a tiny smile turned on my lips.

I collapsed on the bed and stretched, getting comfortable and snuggling with my pillow. I picked my phone up and scrolled through the contacts as I waited for him to get seated.

I called Kayden and put it on the speaker. It is 4 am he might as well wake up when I didn't get to sleep the whole night.

" This town is full of colourless?" Kayden asked and I hummed.

" This family, the mom and the son, Zane both are colourless?" I hummed again in confirmation." And they are saying that it is a government conspiracy" I hummed again as he rechecked all the facts." It is not possible if something like what they described to you; That every colourless identified is dragged to Urydale away from the public eye if it was happening then I or dad would have gotten some info. A rumour at least. This doesn't sound right"" The government is not corrupt, they are elected leaders they don't have that much power to keep something this big from the people," Skye commented from beside me, he was laying on the bed after having stubbornly stood for fifteen minutes before caving in, realizing that it is going to be a long talk.What they both said is true. Kayden and dad both work with the government. So if something, anything like this was happening they should have been the first to pinpoint it.We remained silent, mind buzzing with all the possibilities and the result of this discovery.There are more colourless, more like Ash. But if Urydale is as dangerous as they are saying then Ash is never stepping afoot in this town. No matter what." I saw a chair floating in the air" I mumbled to distract us from where the conversation is leading.Skye gave me a deadpan look" Are you serious Ariel"" I am telling you what I saw" I explained to them while talking near the phone, hoping that at least Kayden might support." How can a chair float in the air without a shield or a creator Ariel " Kyden spoke in a bored tone." I am telling you what I saw" I shrieked at them and hit Skye with a pillow when he made a funny face.We fell into a pillow fight as I continued to smack Skye with the pillow, partially for what he immediately assumed when he saw me with Zane." Nanna's birthday is coming" he mentioned casually to break off the fight. I fell back on my place hugging the pillow as I stuck my tongue out at Skye who was glaring at me.We were not lying when we said that nana's birthday was in two days. She has celebrated her birthday alone for as long as I remember." Should we go see her?" I asked softly." Maybe, we haven't seen her since forever" Skye agreed beside me and I nodded at him.But what I didn't understand was why she chose to move here if Urydale is as horrible as Oreana claimed. I voiced my thoughts and Kayden agreed.There was no reason behind it when she could have chosen somewhere else. Anyplace else.