Chapter 4

My hands automatically flicked open the switch, illuminating the training room in bright lights.

People have a swimming pool in their house I have a training room.

I chuckled at the thought, the joke never gets old no matter how many times I tell that to amuse my friends.

The floor was covered in training mats, a training course designed on the left and the right space free for when I need to practice defence with my blue. The rest of the space is filled with gym equipment which is only ever used by Skye and Kayden.

Dad had this training room made after we found out about my colours. I needed somewhere to practice control. The first few months I had spent just trying to control the colours, suppress them, hide them from prying eyes.

It made me seem weak in the training field at the Clauferry Academy because I was so conscious of keeping in control that I was just too tense to show my skills in school.

I had become closed off, left behind the popular crowd. It was not just difficult and challenging for me, it was much more. It helped me become who I am today, not afraid of my own colours.

I am not afraid anymore, practising for years have ensured that. Now using my powers felt good, the good kind of adrenal rush. I no more felt dread when I am asked to perform in the academy. I do it with ease.

Entering the room I felt the familiar rush of confidence. I have spent days here, training through sweat and tears. I stretched my arms and legs, getting the sore muscles to loosen.

Ash followed me. He has been here before, it was his own house after all. He had sat in the room cheering for me as Skye and I duelled in a match. It seemed like just yesterday he was here, annoying us during our training session.

"Let's start, now follow what I say. Just act" I spoke giving instructions while standing walking through the padded floor to face him.

" A shield is an extension of your body. It is in sync with your movements " I demonstrated while holding my arms in a block position. Diagonally in front of me, muscles coiled in defence.

A blue circular shield took form easily, blocking my upper from any attack.

We practised some movements back and forth, him trying to copy me as I demonstrated the most basic shields. It should do, for now, but the complicated part was the illusion. He will have to act while I have to make the shield without lifting a finger or using my hands.

Our hands are used to give direction to our weapon, shield or creation. Where to concentrate our colour. But conjuring a shield without using my hands is the task in this, I have to look unbothered. I have done it before, numerous times.

" Ok Ash, now suppose I am throwing a dagger at up, act accordingly. Take the posture and I will make the shield," I spoke.

He looked determined to learn, but this is a new domain for me too, we have to work as one.

I swung my hand in the form of an arc throwing the pretended knife while concentrating on creating a shield for Ash as he took a defensive position.

He folded his arms in an X and a blue shield materialized in front of him. But he reacted a little too slow for a defender, it didn't look natural. Assuming that he just received his power, that excuse will pass, but not for long.

The trainers in Clauferry academy are like hawks, they will either know that something is out or they will think that Ash is too weak.

Like they assumed about me once.