Chapter 65

"All we need to do is distract the officers while you both go to the monitor room," I said again for the third time. Maven gave me a nod, taping her foot repeatedly as we sat on the back of the nine-seater car from Kayden's office. The car was parked in the open parking lot, but we were still sitting in.

Beckett sat beside Mave, he pushed his arm through the sleeve of the jersey Kayden had loaned him. He winced, face twisted in pain as the wound on his shoulder blade stretched, my eyes fixated on the soaked napkin wrapped around his shoulder. It was tightly wound and still dripping blood.

He had received that wound while trying to save me, what if it gets infected? I shook my head at the thought. We don't have time.

Maven took off her cap and passed it to Beckett, a soft expression on her face as she gently placed it on his head of curly brown hair. Together they looked inconspicuous, ready to blend in with the crowd.

I looked out of the tinted windows, the crowd has thinned to the maximum, there was barely anyone left anymore. This means that the game has started, and the officer has probably left the parking lot to manage the crowd.

"Okay, lets go," I said and pushed open the back door of the car. I jumped out in a swift movement, immediately my legs groaned in fatigue. I shifted to the side and made way as everyone filled out of the car.

The game was like a carnival, the atmosphere thrumming with a static. I can hear the nostalgic cheer of the crowd, they are playing. We kept our head down and blended in with the crowd, entering the youthful stadium with the rest of the crowd.

Sorin's men will be in the crowd, and the problem is that they are alerted and they know what we look like. But we don't have the same advantage. And as we get closer I am starting to doubt if the documental proof will be enough to prevent these officers from arresting, or better yet executing us on the spot.

My original plan was to bring out the colourless in the light.....

"You see there, they handle the cameras and what is displayed on half of the screens, so if we make a good disturbance here in the crowd then they may point it at us,"

"So?" Carlie chuckled from behind me, I gritted my teeth at her mockery.

"So, you all will be displayed on 50 inch wide screens while using your pigmentless colour,"

"What makes you think that it won't bother Sorin and he won't send his men to shoot us on spot,"

"He can't do that in a crowd Ian," I smirked slightly, at least I hope he won't.

"Then let's create a commotion," Rhodes rubbed his hands together, a wicked grin on his face.

"We might not have to worry about that too much," Yasmin muttered and sure enough three guards were making their way towards us.

"Not here, we need to be as far from the monitor room as possible," I hissed, jumping to my feet.

"We need to separate, Rhodes, Carlie, Trisa, Jastin and Mel, stay in a group," Zane said and they immediately separated from us. They climbed the steps of the bleachers and shuffled to the 4th row after a nod.

We moved through the packed crowd of annoyed audience. I blocked out the angry protests and pushed my way after Yasmin. We are getting cornered, the officers following us have doubled in number, no longer trying to remain silent as they rudely pushed people away. My eyes darted around the stadium, we were getting pushed to the VIP gallery where Sorin will be with the other board members.

I tugged on Yasmin's shirt and pulled her with me to the stairs. I took short breaths as I jumped over the tall stairs, my breath growing heavier with the movement. I jolted in my steps and stumbled back a little, a hand on my lower back steadying me. Three officers had appeared at the top of the stairs, all buff and scowling as they stepped down.