Chapter 41

I sit in the passenger seat of Nanu's run-down car as he pulls over in the parking lot of the school. Thankfully it was a car and not a bike, I can't imagine him riding one, ever.

For some reason officers are posted here too, flanking the entrance, just like Skye had said. We left Skye and Nana at home, Skye particularly wanted to accompany us desperately. But they will recognize him here easily, not to mention he is an adult, a teen girl going to the academy will look less suspicious.

The academy in Urydale is nothing extraordinary, nothing extravagant. In fact from the viewpoint of someone who goes to one of the best academies in Azure it looks shabby.

We have entered through rusty metal gates leading to a concrete pavement. The campus is small, so small that I don't even see a training field anywhere, just block buildings with yellow paint.

I enter the building behind Nanu. As expected they completely ignored me walking beside an old academy teacher, but the officers are spread around, two at the gates, two at the entrance of the building, and a few lingering here and there.

The main building is old, not the peeling paint old but dark corners old. Nanu takes a right and starts climbing another flight of stairs. We reach the second story and pass rooms. My eyes stay glued to the pitiful condition of the classrooms in the only academy of Urydale, and suddenly the luxuries of my life set a rock of guilt on my chest.

"That is my class, there."Nanu points out to a classroom, his voice lighting up with fondness. A nameplate hangs near the door, Color Theory.

I pass him a tense smile, his pride at the room with overused wooden benches and faded whiteboard makes me gulp in regret.

Regret at the shallowness I found myself in, I had thought that the room in the skate park to be almost unbearable, childishly frowning at the condition of the room when there were bigger things. Things more important than me stepping on clean marble tiles.

We take another turn to the right, the wall ran continuously on the right side whereas a series of window linked on my left.

We turned another corner and Nanu approached a room labeled as the staff room. I followed after him, the room has a long wooden table in the center with chairs flanking it. But Nanu crossed the room and pushed open another door. I stepped in after him to a room similar to the study at home. This one just had a flat-screen computer.

Within minutes Nanu started up the computer and clicks open some folders. I step closer and bend down to get a better look.

" I will have to find out the average death rate of every state and the average number of children. The calculation might not come as the exact but that is all we can do with the limited information we have." Nanu spoke, concentrated on the screen he started typing and I observed everything.

Two folders appears on the screen and he clicked on one of them. A series of credentials of all the officers with their photos appeared on the screen, Nanu scrolled down and something caught my eye.

I took the mouse from him and clicked to expand it.

A picture of Kay, the officer who had assaulted Mick, with his credentials enlarged on the screen.

Name-Kay Azon

Age-26

Graduated from- Bellspe Officers Training

" What is it?" Nanu asked following my line of sight.

I simply shook my head in reply and passed him the mouse.

I don't know what I. It is almost like I know something that is at the back of my mind but I can figure out what. A few moments passed in silence as I tried to rake my brain for that.

" You can walk around Ariel it might take some time" Nanu started working and I shook my head to clear the thoughts and focus on more important issues.

" Don't you need any help?" I asked politely.

" You can't be seen looking at the confidential information Ariel"

" Population stats is confidential?" I asked genuinely confused, I thought we learn that in social studies.

" It is here" that grave tone conveys the severity of his words and I left him alone after that, instead choosing to walk in the corridors to get some fresh air. And maybe find what I am missing in the picture.