Chapter 3

"You must have a wish that needs granting. Or did you just summon me here to have fun?" he let out with a grin and squinted eyes.

She blushed. "Yes, I do..."

"Then you may say it," he announced and roamed back to the surface.

"I..."

"I want you to be my friend."

-----

Third Person POV

His eyes shook in shock.

Hanako couldn't believe what Y/N was saying. It made him feel guilty somehow.

For not accepting someone's friend request in the past...

Just because he's a ghost doesn't mean he can't watch an every-day life of students that attend this school.

He's been doing it for fifty years.

Right after his death.

Ever since Y/N attended Kakome Gakuen School, he's been watching her.

He might not recognize her because of the number of students, but he can tell whether it's her or not.

While doing so, he noticed how fragile and cowardly she acted around the other students.

For the first time, he had mercy on a female.

It reminded him of himself.

How non-interactive he was towards others.

Introverted.

And that's why he chose to answer her call.

~

"Friends with a boy? Nobody's actually asked me that before" he lied.

"Whatever the gender! A-are you gonna or not?" she managed to spit out.

"Ok! I will! I'll grant your wish!"

Y/N's eyes beamed in excitement. She could feel the corner of her mouth twitch.

She wanted to smile. She couldn't remember the last time she did it.

Those memories just seem like nothing to her due to the fact that she has better things to focus on now.

The apparition interrupted her thoughts. "But remember, every wish comes with a price...". He waved his index finger from left to right.

Y/N gulped.

A price?! I didn't know about this! Did the girls know about this?! I don't think so! They didn't mention anything about it!

What's it gonna be?

His apprentice?

His teacher?

His top-secret FBI agent top-ranked spy!?

"All I want is for you to answer this question, " he spoke up.

"That's all? " Y/N thought.

Silent once again roamed in the atmosphere of the room.

"..."

He opened his mouth.

"Here it comes..."

Hanako cleared his throat.

"Why is it for a friend you seek? " he asked with his palm below his chin.