Chapter 16: Kimochi-san Pt. 4

~ •|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|• ~

Isn't a Japanese festival just the nicest in the world?

People can finally let their stress out and just relax, arriving with beautiful Kimonos and joy.

Haven't you always had a little curiosity about their culture?

Don't you want to know the difference between the Japanese festival and yours?

Well, there was a girl called Kanakuro Gowaii that was very curious about it.

She had golden-brown eyes that always shone, dark skin, and pitch-black hair.

She was only allowed to stay in the orphanage, she wasn't allowed to go out, even though they bought her a beautiful Yukata.

They basically forced her in and she was never let out.

She was only allowed to watch the people walking down to the festival from out the window.

But she managed to escape with the Yukata.

And I don't think anyone cared, anyway. So what's the use keeping her in if nobody would care if she escaped?

Yeah, I know, I don't know the answer, too.

As she was walking outside of the busy streets, she admired all the people that were wearing Kinonos.

She frowned.

"They're so much different than mine…" she said poorly, " I'm stuck with this stupid summer Kimono…"

Even if you couldn't see the difference, she had great eyes and noticed it by sight.

She gazed towards the sky and there she was shocked by the sudden blast-off of the pretty fireworks.

"Wow, " she said, but that didn't mean she had to smile. She didn't smile.

I don't think I've ever recalled her smiling once in my life.

And after gazing at the fireworks for what felt like an eternity, she found herself sitting on a bench all alone throughout the whole festival, but it wasn't over yet.

She wanted something she could buy so she could eat, starving was her stomach as she glanced at the traditional foods.

And they always looked yummy, no doubt.

But she didn't have any money, and she was just eight, after all.

But everything changed when a boy suddenly approached her.

She, Gowaii, had no idea. She was too sad to notice.

"Why did I come if I knew it would end like this?"

But as the juvenile tapped her shoulder, her head shot up as fast as a blasting rocket, at least that's what the boy was referring to.

"Woah! That was fast! Like a rocket!"

She was startled.

"Who is this boy? What's he doing here?"

"Umm…" he began, " You've been sitting on this bench for the past forty-five minutes alone, am I right?"

Gowaii nodded.

"How do you even do that? I would get bored…"

He scratched his head as the silence arose but the little girl prevented it before it could even start.

"My name's Kanakuro Gowaii. What's yours?"

"Amane. Yugi Amane. Nice to meetcha!" he grinned as he brought his hand out for the young woman to grab.