Chapter 17

"So, what is it, Kimochi-san?"

She cleared her throat, she frowned at the ground.

"Are you-"

She tried again.

"Would you perhaps know a boy named Amane?"

----

~▪︎○■°□•♡♤¤◇♧☆☆♧◇¤♤♡•□°■○▪︎~

Third Person POV

Hanako... didn't really know how he should react, really. Even what to say.

If he should make a joke...

Or tell her: "Who're you talkin' 'bout?"

Or just lie...

"I knew I've seen her somewhere before..."

So he chose the most responsible action he could think of.

"Have you got the wrong person, perhaps?"

So responsible.

Kimochi-san just started at the boy with a sincere face, not cracking a single laugh and being earnest.

"Yes, my name's Amane indeed, but I go by Hanako now. Please don't ruin my role for me."

Kimochi-san stood still for a second before running over to the apparition and giving him a big hug of relief.

Of course, the boy was confused and was like "Wat?"

But he soon gave in and had that grin on his face again.

They broke it afterward and made eye contact.

"May I ask for yours?"

Kimochi looked up at him without feeling any pain on the back of her neck, despite her height.

"It's Kanakuro Gowaii. Nice to meet you."

"That's a great name!" Hanako closed his eyes and smiled, those giggles escaping his lips reminded Gowaii of his little self when she first met him.

And to her, his smile was of course contagious, she couldn't hold back.

Hanako reopened his sight to see a cheerful girl standing in front of him.

The juvenile's grin widened.

"...she's---- smiling..."

~

Y/N POV

Friday~

Today's a day like any other day...

But it's a Friday!

And now I have to stay after school longer to clean!

It's normal in Japan, but the teacher left it all for me.

The incident with Kimochi-san is finally over and everyone awoke yesterday!

I'm so happy and I'm not at the same time because everyone was so nice to me.

But now they're bragging and calling me a fake.

I guess I've gotten used to it ever since Hanako, Asotama, and Token have been my friends. So I think I've gotten braver!

But one of them still is a murderer...

Anyway, I guess the people that got infected by Kimochi-san don't remember anything.