Chapter 10

"Die!"

Just then, an idea caught up in my head.

I can assure you, I'm full of them.

----

Hanako POV

"Stoooooop! "

I screamed to the fellow exorcist as I held my hand out like on a stop sign; he halted, to my surprise.

I floated up high and landed softly with my feet on the boy's shoulders so I could share the news to him through his ear.

And so I did.

"We've got eyes on us~ " I basically sang.

I saw his head rise, looking at his surrounding as his face blurred the color blood-red from embarrassment, I'm guessing.

"No, no everyone, it's not like that, " I heard him spoke.

I don't know why he's embarrassed, I see him do stuff like screaming and bringing attention to him all the time...

"Why don't we take this 'battle', you call it, to the rooftop. Then it'll be much easier. Nobody looking, of course."

"I never said battle! " he screamed back at me.

"The eyes are watching-"

"But I never-"

"Eyes, " I repeated.

Without a warning he marched his way to direction rooftop.

"H-hey! You could at least said something!"

I floated behind him as the gazes from students amongst us felt weaker and weaker.

---

Y/N POV

"... And that's why we laughed earlier. Not at you, you the fact that these students don't believe your injuries. You've had it on for that long, they have no other choice than to believe you, but they don't..." Token trailed off.

She sounds pretty smart. She looks pretty smart...

"You know... I was kinda shocked when you guys asked me to be your friend..." I looked towards the ground and I felt my eyelids squeeze together; to the point where some of my eyelashes entered my source of view.

I could feel their looks at me.

"I just..."

What if all of this isn't real?

What if I'm dreaming?

What if I never met Hanako? Or these girls, too?

What if I'm just constantly being bullied right now and I'll never know...

My thoughts were interrupted by a hug to my chest.

"Don't cry, I'm your Senpai and I'm bad at soothing! " Asotama whimpered.

Token soothed me by carressing me on the back, back and forth.

I looked at both of them, I wanted to cry even more due to their sweet actions, but I managed to stop it.

I cleaned the tears away from my eyes and exhaled.

Get the thoughts away... How...

I'll fiddle with the subject a little...

"OK! Who wants to play a game of 'Knife runaway'? " I put a true smile on and cheered.

I frowned almost instantly.