Chapter 8

"What a day…"

----

Y/N POV

School had just ended right before I could get a lesson in my head. Turns out it was the last period.

Earlier that day…

"Sorry, Kobayashi! I'm late! I had a talk with the principal!"

"What happened to her? She's more lively than ever…"

"Where the tears at?"

"Still with that dumb bandage of hers…"

"That's ok, but next time, don't scream, " he answered me.

"Huh? What happened to 'be quiet!' and 'you don't have to fake everything!'?"

But of course, I screamed that sentence in my head so only I could hear it.

I nodded in confusion as I went back to sit down on my seat.

Something wasn't right.

Something's missing…

I thought about it until it beeped.

"Of course! Psycho-chan! " I screamed internally.

I glared over to my left to see where that son of a weirdo was.

Oh. She's in the classroom.

I bet she came up with another fake excuse to avoid getting in trouble after she just arrived 20 minutes late.

Unfortunately for me, I caught her staring straight at me.

She sits next to the window right beside me. What a bummer.

I could feel the sweat running down my forehead as she continued to gaze at me with that terrified gave of hers.

I made a worried grimace and just waved to her. Soon after that, I turned back to face my previous direction.

I could still feel her watching me but it vanished as the teacher called her name.

And he didn't mention anything about her staring at me.

Oh. It's because she turned to sensei a second before he attended to her.

That's why he didn't notice…

I tried to concentrate back on the lesson but my plan backfired as I heard the school bell chime from the distance.

What can you say? After all, it was the last period…

My classmates and I all stood up so we could say goodbye to Kobayashi in sync.

"Sayounara!"

I got off my seat to start packing my things so I could leave the classroom.

As I looked around, my gaze accidentally caught Yashiro's.

"Frick! Now she's staring at me now!"

She continued to keep her gaze at me as she squinted her eyes forcing them to look from calm to angry.

"Friends with a ghost boy…" she trailed off.

"Stupid."

Those were her last words she said to me for the day before she walked out of the classroom and disappeared into the distance.

I turned-my-smile-upside-downed.

----

"Urg! If I ever see that Nene again, I'm gonna take those legs of hers and shove it down her throat so she can realize how big they actually are!"