Chapter 11

"Why don't you go on and exorcise me here?"

"Because you said we should go tho the rooftop, where nobody-…"

"You're taking commands from me now, eh?"

----

Hanako POV

I smiled.

But that frown-upside down didn't last for long.

I heard the boy grumble before he came running straight at me.

With that Raiteijou of his. It shot out a small amount of lightning before it suddenly increased.

Ha!

It only took me one slide to the left before I heard him tumbling down the stairs.

I floated over to him and glanced at him in his painful state.

He actually ended up upside down against the wall, like in those anime I used to watch.

His eyes were tight shut. And his arms laid on the ground peacefully while his legs flopped towards the floor.

And that staff of his, he ended up throwing it up high.

"Urghhh!" he let out.

I bore the sight as it fell onto his forehead; trying desperately not to make groans of sympathy.

"Kou Minamoto, " I proceeded, " you're a descendant of that Minamoto no Yorimitsu, am I wrong? That exorcist that dispelled those yokai back when the night skies were deeper and darker than they are now?"

"How did he know my name?"

"Somebody knows their stuff! " he screamed with a smile as he jumped back on his feet, like as if he just didn't scream in agony seconds ago, "Eheh… But a nerd like you's not gonna stop me!"

He actually called me a nerd.

So… he came running at me at full speed again.

"Die! Murderer!"

But I dodged him again.

And he hit the side of the stairs.

And he fell.

Again.

"He's weak, he can't get up…"

"I win!"

"That's not fair… you play dir--ty…"

Just as I was about to place a seal on this staff, someone busted into the room.

"Hanako! I can explain-"

"Y/N! What were you doing there? Didn't I tell you to stay in the bathroom? What? You couldn't wait?"

I tried scolding, but that didn't end well.

Got an elbow to my face. Yeah. My handsome face. Can you believe it?

"Ahhh... What was that for?" I whined while rubbing it.

"That was too long!" Y/N screamed, "But then again, I did make some friends…"

"Friends!? They're trying to lure you! Let's leave-"

"You ain't leaving just yet-" Kou tried to speak but got interrupted by a girl, "--who are you supposed to be?"

"L/N Y/N, " my donut screamed out, " I'm a first-year in the high school division. Hanako's my friend! So leave him alone!"

"…"