𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 MIMI

𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

warning ( self-harm mention; scars  )

Milo walked out outside into the cold night, towards Rachel and Gar who were seated at a picnic bench together. Milo would be lying if he said he didn't feel a tinge of jealousy whenever he saw them together, when he saw how close they were.

When he got closer towards them he pulled his earphones out of his ears (by the cord), hearing them laughing about something. He smiled, he enjoying hearing her laugh.

"What about you Mimi?" Rachel asked, he tilted his head as he sat opposite them, on the other side of the bench. "What does it feel like... when you run?" "It's the best and worst feeling in the world all mixed in one." He replied.

"It's all about the bottled-up energy from not running. Every minute you're not running, that energ-that energy just builds and builds until you just have to run, to get rid of the itch and the shakiness of not running twenty-four-seven." He smiled softly, "But when you run, you just feel this sense of relief, for a single moment. You feel as light as a feather, you run so fast you don't even feel your feet touching the ground and everything just slows down. The only thing moving is you."

"Does it ever stop... the itch?" Milo shook his head. "Nope, not ever." He sighed, "every minute of every day, the itch there." "Do you know how to make it go away?" Rachel asked. He smiled softly. "Not go away, but fade."

She had a questioning expression, wanting him to clarify.

Gar groaned. "I'm out of coffee... I'm going to get another one, I'll be back." He said walking away leaving the two. Rachel moved out of the seat she was in and moved next to Milo. She gestured to his hand with her's. "Can I?" He nodded, and she grabbed his hand, closing her eyes.

She saw herself, when they first met in the police station, in the investigation room, she could hear a fast thumping noise in the background and as the two made eye contact the thumping slowed, she could hear it the difference.