chapter three

"bonjour madame" maddie beard a familiar voice downstairs as she finished her makeup infront of the mirror.

she heard steps coming up the stairs towards her room. timothée peaked his head through the door frame, "ready, madeline". maddie did the last finishing touches to her look and nodded. the two walked to the party at louis's home.

their arms linked as they talked about the party, books, music. as they got closer to louis's home, they saw people partying outside.

louis was known for drinking parties, nothing like the lake gatherings. the smell of alcohol hit maddie and timothée as they arrived into the house.

"timmy! maddie! bienvenu!" a drunk louis came and hugged the two. they chuckled and hugged louis. maddie looked at timothée wide eyed as louis walked away, "don't let me get like him tonight".

timothée laughed as the two headed over to where the drinks were. timothée took a beer while maddie started taking shots of vodka.

"madeline, don't think you should do that" timothée warned. "i can handle my alcohol, timmy" maddie said with a smile. timothée drank his beer and nodded his head.

after two hours of dancing and drinking timothée walked up to maddie, who was dancing against a random boy. "maddie, let's go" timothée said.

"what?" maddie said, not hearing him over the music. "let's go home" timothée repeated. "no! i'm having funnnn" maddie said leaving the boy and dancing with timothée. "maddie, this isn't fun anymore" he said seriously.

maddie saw his face, he was bored and annoyed. she sighed and leaned her head against his chest, taking in his sent. "okay" she whispered and interlocked her hand with timothée's.

timothée was surprised but let her lead him out of the house, maddie usually didn't hold timothée's hand, or lean on him. the two walked home in silence, maddie still holding timothée's hand.

"i love you" maddie said. "hm?" timothée acted as if he didn't hear her. "i love you" maddie said clearer learning on timothées shoulder.

timothée smiled and wrapped his arm around maddie's shoulder, "i love you too, madeline".

maddie's mother had allowed timothée to bring maddie to her room, as she could barley get up the stairs alone.

he carried her bridal style to her bed. as timothée was going to walk out of her room maddie said, "timothée". he turned his head around, "yes?".

maddie opened her arms. timothée smiled and went to hug her. "goodnight madeline" timothée smiled into her neck. timothée pulled away and madeline held his face in her hands. her eyes went from his green eyes to his lips.

maddie quickly leaned in to place her lips onto timothée's. but just as quickly as maddie leaned in, timothée leaned back.

"you're drunk maddie, rest up" he said place a kiss on her forehead and exiting her room. maddie sighed and threw her head back into her pillow, instantly regretting what she had done.