chapter eight

after school maddie rushed to the subway, not wanting to see her friends or timothée. she quickly got to her apartment and shut the door. she sighed and rested her back against the front door. suddenly her phone rang,

camille<3

"bonjour gorgeous" camille said on the other line. maddie sighed and walked towards the kitchen table to rest her bag, "bonjour cami". "why the sigh?" camille asked. "first day of school was today" maddie stated.

"timothée?" camille asked. maddie nodded, although camille couldn't see her, "yup, he totally ignored me and got all "you're different" on me" maddie recapped the day for camille. "and you said?" camille asked.

"i said he's also different! camille you should've seen him, he... he doesn't look anything like he did this summer" maddie told her. "and what about you?" camille asked. "what about me?" maddie asked.

"do you look the same as you did this summer" camille asked maddie. maddie rushed to her bedroom and looked in the mirror. she was wearing a pair of mom jeans and a black oversized sweatshirt, sarah had gifted her for her birthday two years ago.

the silence from maddie lead camille to say, "exactly... je t'aime maddie but you as well aren't like you were this summer". on the other line, a door closed and a faint voice began to speak.

"maddie, i have to go but si vous ressentez vraiment quelque chose pour lui, ayez de la patience et de la confiance" if you really feel something for him, have patience and trust, camille said reassuring maddie. maddie nodded, "salut camille".

have patience
camille's words repeated in maddie's head. maddie opened instagram and began to search the name of a boy timothée was with. she looked at his story and saw timothée.

he wasn't the same as he was back in france

he wasn't the "the party is fun but it gets boring" guy.
maddie shook her head turning off her phone, facing it down on her desk. but all her mind kept going back to was the photo.
she observed it carefully till she had seen every single detail.

they truly were different in new york, their home, than france, where they could be anyone they wanted. maddie wasn't as free or adventurous as she led timothée to believe. and timothée wasn't as caring or in love as he lead maddie to believe.

maybe what happens in france
should stay in france.