chapter twelve

maddie sat on the couch with her mother watching a film when her phone rang. she read the contact name, timothée. she looked over at her mother and walked a few feet away.

"hello" she whispered into the phone. "why are we whispering?" timothée whispered back. "what do you need?" maddie asked, still whispering. "we are going shopping, lil lady!" timothée chirped.

"i cant, timothée" maddie said normally. her mother overheard and said, "is that timothée?". maddie turned and nodded her head. "what does he need?" she asked. "he wants to.. go shopping" maddie admitted.

"oh, go on! just be safe" her mother allowed her. "really?" maddie asked. "sure! i love timothée" her mother smiled. maddie hurried to her room, "okay, where are you?". "right outside your apartment" timothée said.

"oh, oh god" maddie hurried to put on shoes and a coat. "i'll be out in a minute" maddie said as she struggled to put her sneakers on. "bye mom!" maddie said rushing out the door.

she walked out to see timothée leaning against the building wall. "bonjour" timothée smiled. "hi timothée" maddie said out of breath. the two shared a hug and timothée began walking towards a close mall.

"so where are we going" maddie said walking alongside timothée. "anywhere you want" timothée smiled. maddie pulled out her phone and smiled. "what are you doing?" timothée asked

. maddie looked up at what street they were on and grabbed timothée's hand rushing in a certain direction. "where are we going?" timothée laughed as he ran with maddie. maddie only giggled and sped up.

after a few minutes of running maddie stopped infront of a chuck e cheese. "stop" timothée said jokingly, looking up at the sign. maddie smiled and walked inside. timothée slightly groaned but followed behind. the two paid to enter and began playing games.

"i'm so gonna beat you" timothée said as maddie ran to a zombie game. "as if" maddie said standing infront of the fake gun. after many screams and shooting, timothée did win. "ha ha loser" timothée taunted maddie, maddie rolled her eyes. maddie looked around and suddenly gasped, "timothée".

timothée looks around, "what?". maddie smiles and points to the man in the chuck e cheese costume. "we have to get a photo" maddie said walking towards him. but timothée held her hand back, "no madeline". "what? why not?" maddie asked. "he.. he scares me" timothée admits.

maddie holds back a laugh, "are you serious?". timothée nods his head. maddie grabs his face in her hands, "it'll be fine. okay?". timothée sighed and nodded his head, following maddie to chuck e cheese. he smiled at the two and posed for a photo that a staff member took.

after multiple slices of pizza and games the two headed back to maddie's apartment. "see it wasn't that bad!" maddie held timothees arm. "yeah, i guess it wasn't" timothée smiled down at maddie.

notes:
short chapter i'm sorry😔👁👅👁