chapter eleven

"where's sarah?" maddie asked as she walked up to maya outside of school. "she has the worst hangover ive ever seen" maya told her as they walked into school. "great" maddie said sarcastically, knowing she would be alone for the first half of the day.

"come on, it's not that bad. just look forward to lunch" maya encouraged. maddie smiled and the two went their own ways to homeroom. as maddie walked into homeroom she saw a handful of the class was missing. but one that she expected to be missing was not.

timothée had his head down and his hood up. maddie remembered last night as he fell into her arms and apologised. she walked over and crouched infront of his desk.

"how are you?" she whispered to him. his head turned over to her, "no good". maddie chuckled and put a hand on his head, "why didn't you stay home?". timothée put his head on his forearm and took off his hood so he could look at maddie, "my mom wouldn't let me".

maddie nodded and ran her hand through his curls and she slightly messed them up. "heyy!" timothée reacted. "they look better messy" she smiled and walked to her seat.

"i think we're alone now" maya sang referring to them two being the only ones in their group at school. maddie giggled and sang along.

until timothée and carla walked in. although he seemed more distant than last time, he was still leaning his head against hers, laying kisses on her. maddie breathed out and ate her food. "come on, tell me the story of you too" maya insisted.

"of who and who?" maddie acted dumb. "you and," she nodded back to where timothée was, "timothée". maddie sighed and chuckled, "it's nothing". maya rolled her eyes, "yeah right. come on, pleaseeeee".

maddie gave in, "well, we met in the summer when i was in france". "oooo! aesthetic" maya interrupted.

"and he was so cute, i could resist. but i didn't think he liked me until, he kissed me one day and i was like eeeee! but then we found out we go to the same school and he was all like oh my god. and i was like this is a good thing. and he played it off but then we got here and he ignored me and we literally haven't really talked about it since" maddie rambled, leaving maya's mouth open.

"oh my god! you kissed timmy t!?" maya loudly asked. "shut up!" maddie jokingly hit her arm. "your summer was way cooler than mine" maya ate her food.

"hey" maddie heard a voice running up to her as she walked down into the subway. she turned and saw timothée, "oh hi. i didn't know you took the subway".

"i don't" timothée said walking with her. maddie gave him an uncertain look. "where do you live?" timothée asked following maddie. "stalker" maddie joked. timothée rolled his eyes, "fine fine don't tell me".

maddie chuckled and told him where she lived. "great, now i can stalk you" timothée put an arm around her. "so why are you taking the subway" maddie asked as the two boarded and sat.

"i can't take the subway?" timothée sarcastically asked. maddie licked her lips and looked down. "i'm kidding.. do you want to.. i don't know, hang out?" timothée asked.

maddie looked over at him, arm still around her shoulder, and nodded, "sure". timothée smiled, "i'll take you to this park". "oh you know all the secret places, don't you?" maddie said. timothée nodded, looking for what stop to get off on.

"here" timothée stood, his arms open to the city as he walked maddie to a park. "it's cute" maddie said looking around. there were trees all around, a hiking trail, and some benches.

"cute? no, no maddie" he held her hand and lead her to a bench that faced out to the city. "it's gorgeous" he whispered in her ear, giving her goosebumps. "it's gorgeous" maddie repeated looking out to the city.

the two sat in silence, wondering what to talk about. "so... you and that girl?" maddie asked looking at her nails. timothée shook his head, "carla? no we're not.. we're not dating". "i never said you were dating," maddie said, "but you're something, right?" maddie asked, scared to look him in the eyes.

timothée stuttered, "i-... kind of?". maddie clicker her tongue, "cool". "but that doesn't-it doesn't mean anything, you know, for us" timothée turned so he was facing maddie completely. "us? oh, there's an us now?" maddie said sarcastically.

timothée moved his head to the side, "of course". maddie looked up at him and their eyes met. she gulped nervously and looked back out to the city. "so.. what are we?" maddie asked, not sure if she really wanted to know the answer.

"i don't know, maddie. i do not know" he sighed. "stop calling me that" maddie looked over at him. "maddie? why?" timothée asked. "you call me madeline" maddie said. timothée smiled and pulled her into a hug, "okay, madeline".

maddie smiled into his shoulder, taking in his scent. timothée pulled away and smiled. "let's go" he got up and held his hand out of maddie. maddie grabbed his hand and walked with her head on his shoulder.