chapter thirteen

"should i wear my hair up or down for the christmas party?" sarah asked her friends. "who's gonna take you?" maya asked eating her lunch.

"um... you?" sarah asked, hopefully. "i'm going out of state for christmas, try again" maya shut her down.

sarah looked over at maddie with puppy eyes. maddie put her hands up in defence, "i don't even have a car!". sarah sighed, "i hate it here".

"just find someone who's going and has a car" maya said. "oh yeah, cause that will be soooo easy" sarah said sarcastically.

maya rolled her eyes and faced maddie, "what are you doing for christmas?". "my moms going out of state so nothing really" maddie told her friends. "where's she going?" sarah asked. "atlanta, last minute business thing" maddie picked at her food.

"why don't you come to the party with me?" sarah said, jumping to the opportunity. "you don't even have a ride!" maddie laughed. "we'll find one!" sarah smiled.

"no, i don't know. i kinda just want to stay home" maddie said sympathetically. "it's fine. i'll just look hot on christmas on my own" sarah flipped her hair jokingly.

"bye mom" maddie kissed her moms cheek after her mom had told her all the rules of staying home alone for a week. "je t'aime baby" her mom said.

"oh! the french stuck with you!" maddie mocked her mother. she laughed as she closed the door, off to the airport. maddie sighed as she closed the door. all alone for christmas.

CHRISTMAS DAY

"merry christmas to me" maddie blew out the last candle on christmas day. suddenly her phone vibrated.

TODAY 1:17

timmy🌝
merry christmas

madeline🦋
merry christmas timothée

are u home?

timmy🌝
no

i just left ethans house

are you home?

madeline🦋
yeah

timmy🌝
i'm On my way!

maddie chuckled at timothée's text but soon rushed to her room to change into a cuter outfit than penguin pyjamas. then she decided to turn on some candles she had blown out and wait for timothée.

soon there was a knock on the door. she looked through the peep hole to see her favorite curly headed boy.

the boy smiled and gave maddie a big hug. "merry christmas, madeline" timothée said into her neck.

maddie giggled, "merry christmas to you too". before timothée pulled away he placed a small kiss on madeline's neck, giving her goosebumps and making her blush. "you okay?" timothée said referring to the redness on her cheeks.

maddie nodded quickly, "yeah". timothée sat on her couch, arms open waiting for maddie to cuddle up to him. maddie sat on his lap and held his hands. "how was the party?" maddie asked. "good, it was good" timothée said looking at her.

"what are you doing today?" timothée asked her. maddie leaned her forehead against his, "hm... nothing". timothée couldn't take the tension and leaned into maddie's lips. maddie roughly kissed back putting her hands on the back of his neck.

timothée's hands roared around till he stopped at her waist. maddie pulled back and smiled at timothée, "what a merry christmas". timothée smiled, "just like after louis's party".

"you remember that?" maddie asked, surprised. timothée was slightly offended, "why wouldn't i?". "i just.. i don't know. i didn't expect you to remember that is all" maddie said holding his face in her hands.

timothée moved maddie's leg so she was off of him. "are you okay?" maddie asked. timothée didn't respond for a minute. "why wouldn't i remember?" timothée asked sourly.

"timmy.. i didn't mean anything by that" maddie said holding hand. "yes you did. just tell me, i won't be mad" timothée said. maddie bit the inside of her cheek nervously, "you... you just acted like the whole summer didn't happen. so i supposed you just.. didn't remember the things we did".

timothée's eyes softened, "of course, i remember. i remember when after louis's party i walked you home," timothée kissed her lips, "and you told me you loved me".

timothée moved to the side and kissed her cheek, "and i remember when louis introduced us". timothée moved down to her neck, leaving marks. "and i remember when tried to kiss me" maddie laughed and hit him.

"stop, that was so embarrassing" maddie covered her face. timothée smiled and removed her hands from her face and gave her a passionate kiss. "it was cute" he gave her a last peck on the lips.

"i have to get home" timothée said getting up from the couch. maddie groaned and stood up. she walked him to the door and leaned against the door frame.

"bye" maddie whispered after timothée kissed her. "au revoir" timothée walked away.