chapter five

"here, come here!" timothée grabbed maddie's hand as they ran through a field of flowers. "where are we going?" maddie asked running along with timothée.

timothée stopped where there was a pond of water and a few rocks next to it. "here" timothée said. maddie sat on the rocks and looked at the pond, "it's beautiful. when did you find it?".

timothée sat next to her, "last summer".
maddie smiled as timothée held her hand and ran his fingers along her knuckles.

suddenly, timothée put a hand on the side of maddie's face and made her face him, just as he did the night at the lake. "the summers ending soon" timothée said looking into maddie's eyes.

"yes, i can read a calendar" maddie joked. "i'm serious, madeline," timothée said. "we don't have much time left together".

maddie's face softened and she nodded her head. timothée started to move his thumb in circles on her cheek as he admired her features. "what are you doing?" maddie asked, getting nervous. timothée didn't respond and only looked at her.

"can i kiss you?" he asked. maddie's eyes brightened and a smile appeared on her face as she nodded her head. the two slowly leaned in and moved their heads to the side.

their lips connected and maddie placed her hand on the back of timothée's neck.

timothée was the first to pull away and he leaned his forehead against hers. "that's for the night of louis's party" he said,
maddie chuckled.

"when are you leaving?" timothée said through the phone. maddie laid down on her bed, "tomorrow". she heard timothée sigh on the other line.

"what?" she asked, regarding his deep sigh. "i'm not going to see you for a while" he said. a smile appeared on her face, "we live in the same state, dummy".

timothée laughed, "i know! but we don't go to the same school". "how would you know? you never asked me what school i go to" maddie said sarcastically.

"what school do you go to" timothée said going along with what maddie said. "laguardia" maddie said chuckling. but then she heard timothée sit up in his bed, "are you serious?".

maddie worried, "yes, are you okay?". "you're joking, madeline" timothée said. "no, why would i be- what's going on?" maddie said confused.

"oh my god, i go to laguardia" timothée said. maddie gasped, "no way, you're joking". "now you know how i feel" timothée said.

"wait, why are you upset? this is a.. good thing, right?" maddie said, noticing timothée's tone. "... yeah, yeah it is i... i just wasn't expecting it, madeline" timothée said sighing. maddie nodded her
head, ".. okay".

"au revoir, à l'année prochaine" goodbye, see you next year, maddie said to the staff at the house as she brought her suitcase down the stairs.

as she walked towards the gate, she saw a familiar curly headed boy. "hey" maddie said, getting his attention. "hey..." timothée turned around. "here let me help you" he got a hold of her suitcase and loaded it into the van.

maddie clapped her hands nervously as timothée walked back to her. "so.." timothée said. maddie held her arms out to timothée. he quickly fell into her arms and played with her hair.

"i'll miss you" timothée said. "timmy, we literally go to the same school" maddie said pulling away. there was something different about timothée's facial expressions.

"i know, i know, i.... i just won't be back for a while" timothée said. timothée was going back to new york a week later than maddie.

"it's just a week" maddie said caressing his face. timothée nodded, his head down towards the floor. maddie sneaked a kiss to timothée while her mother was looking away, "i'll see you soon, T".

A YEAR NEW YORK IS  DIFFERENT THAN ASUMMER IN FRANCE

A YEAR NEW YORK IS
DIFFERENT THAN A
SUMMER IN FRANCE