chapter fourteen

"we have to do something! it's your birthday" sarah exclaimed as the girls are their lunch. "no one is doing anything" maddie scolded sarah.

"maddie, it's your birthday" maya said. "i know. i just.. i don't want to go party or anything" maddie said looking at her friends. "fine but at least open my gift from us" sarah said reaching into her bag.

maya clapped her hands excitedly. sarah pulled out a small box and handed it to maddie. "you guys didn't have to" maddie said receiving the box. "open it!" maya said. maddie sighed, hiding a smile, and opened the wrapped box

. inside there was a picture framed of the three and a card. maddie looked up with puppy eyes and opened the card.

Dear Maddie,

Happy birthday BITCCCCCCCCCH! We love you to the moon and back. Thank you for always accompanying me when i'm drunk, for auditions for the musical last year with me, and everything you do everyday (especially giving the quiz answers;))
- Sarah. I hope this year is full of the most incredible memories and i expect us to be there to experience them with you<3 I love you Maddieeee!!! - Maya. P.S. Please freaking cry to this.

maddie laughed and rushed over to hug the girls. "thank you guys, i love you" maddie said planting kisses all of the girls cheeks. maya and sarah giggled looking up at maddie.

"no problem" maya said with a smile as maddie sat back infront of the two girls. maddie let out a happy sigh, rereading the card, "wow".

maddie walked out of the school, looking down at her phone when a boy wrapped his arm around her shoulder. maddie looked up and saw timothée.

"hi t" maddie said looking back down at her phone. "hello madeline, who ya texting?" timothée asked looking down at her. "camille, she wants to call me" maddie said putting her phone in her back pocket. "why?" timothée asked.

maddie let out a sigh, "just to say happy birthday". timothée only hummed and looked forward. maddie bit the inside of her cheek, feeling awkward since timothée hadn't said happy birthday.

after a while of walking in silence, timothée let out a chuckle. "what?" maddie asked. timothée stopped, leaned on a nearby wall and pulled his backpack to the front of his body. "you really thought i forgot your birthday?" he laughed.

a smile appeared on maddie's face as timothée pulled something out of his backpack. "i did" maddie laughed nervously. timothée stood infront of her and handed her a small jewellery box. maddie blushed receiving the box, "thank you".

she opened the box to find a gold necklace with the words, je t'aime on it. maddie smiled up at timothée and wrapped her arms around his neck. timothée wrapped his arms around her waist and smiled.

"happy birthday, madeline" timothée whispered. maddie pulled back, with the biggest smile on her face, and timothée placed a small kiss on her lips.

"thank you" she said to him looking back down at the necklace. "here" timothée turned her around and put the necklace on her. maddie turned back around and gazed into timothée's green eyes.

he gave her a peck, "i have to go home but happy birthday. you know, je t'aime" timothée said to maddie. maddie smiled and waved as he walked away.

maddie unlocked the door to her apartment, noticing her mother wasn't in the kitchen. "mom?" maddie yelled out into the apartment. she heard rustling from living room as she dropped her back back next to the door.

maddie turned the corner to the living room to find her mother standing in the middle of the room with a big smile. "hi?" madeline said suspicious.

"hi maddie" maddie's mom said trying to hide a smile. "what are you doing?" maddie asked walking towards her mother. then her mother's eyes moved to behind maddie.

a thin pair of arms wrapped around maddie's torso, "happy birthday!" quickly maddie jumped back and turned to see who the person was.

"camille!" maddie squealed, jumping into her arms. camille giggled, hugging maddie back. maddie pulled back and looked closely at camille. "what are you doing here?!" maddie asked, still smiling widely.

"it's your birthday! how could i miss it?" camille said, with her heavy french accent. maddie smiled so wide, "for how long?".

"two days" camille pouted. maddie slightly gasped, "awwh!". maddie brought camille back into a tight hug again, "i can't believe your here" maddie said into her hair.

notes📨:
maddie's a capricorn can u believe this