chapter fifteen

"merci" maddie heard camille talking to her mother as maddie brushed through her hair. camille quickly walked into maddie's room with a suspicious smile.

"what?" maddie asked as she put the hairbrush down. "we are going to a party" camille smiled sitting on maddie's bed. maddie's eyes raised, "oh yeah? how do you even know there's a party?". "i have my ways" camille winked at maddie.

"as in way, i mean your friend sarah" maddie laughed and shook her head. the girls got ready for the party; maddie wore a dress camille had bought her, a mini dark red dress with a heart neckline and camille with a knee high black dress.

"aren't we beautiful?" camille said looking at the two girls in the mirror. soon the two girls met with sarah and maya outside of maddie's apartment complex.

the girls got along well while maddie stayed silent in the back. she felt free when she was in france with camille, she could dance the night away with no worries.

here she had worries; take care of sarah, get home safe with camille. maddie bit her nails as maya drove up to the party. all girls walked up to the party.

obviously, sarah got away quickly. but camille looked around and took a few shots. "camille" maddie warmed as she stood in a corner quietly with maya.

"maddie. you love this, come on. let's dance" camille said grabbing maya and maddie's hands. maddie rolled her eyes but obliged. the three danced, jumping up and down to the beat of the music.

camille gasped and hurried to the front door. maya and maddie looked to where she was going and saw her hugging timothée. "they know each other?" maya asked as the two walked towards them. maddie nodded her head.

"hi" timothée said hugging maddie and waving at maya. "it's been too long, timothée" camille said looking up at him. "why are you here? i mean, in new york?" timothée asked looking between camille and maddie.

"maddie's birthday, of course. i leave tomorrow and i wanted to make this a night to remember" camille giggled. maddie nodded, her eyes wandering to her feet.

"let's have some fun then" timothée said leading the girls back to the dance floor. as the group danced to the music, maddie felt timothée's hand on her waist as he danced behind her.

the friction between the two bodies increased and they danced against each other. then maddie turned around and gazed into timothée's eyes.

timothée roughly kisses maddie as he put a hand behind her neck, pulling her closer to him. the two stood there making out until they noticed camille and maya had moved across the dancefloor.

suddenly, timothée pulled away and maddie placed her forehead against his chest. "let's go somewhere else" timothée whispered into her ear. maddie shook her head, "i cant leave camille".

timothée grabbed her hand "she'll be fine. she's a big girl". maddie looked over at camille for reassurance and camille smiled as she danced with maya. maddie allowed timothée to lead her upstairs into a guest bedroom.

"you sure know your way around this house" maddie said to timothée as he closed the door behind them. timothée raised his eyebrows and smirked. he pushed maddie on the bed gently and began to kiss her passionately.

maddie wrapper her fingers around his curls as he moved down to her neck. maddie let out a groan as timothée looked up at her through his eyelashes. timothée began to go further down when suddenly maddie pushed him away and sat up on the bed.

"are you okay?" timothée said sympathetically, sitting next to maddie on the bed. maddie looked away and nodded. "let's just forget this and go back to the party" maddie said and she got up and rushed out of the room leaving timothée speechless.

it wasn't that maddie didn't want to do anything with timothée, it was that she knew there was another girl he's done that with. carla. maddie rushed down the stairs back to where camille and maya were.

"hey" maddie breathed out as she reached them. "wow that was quick" camille laughed, referring to her and timothée. "no, we just... let's dance" maddie changed the subject, bringing the girls back to the dance floor.

camille and maya exchanged glances as they saw timothée come down the stairs with a sad expression. maddie couldn't see him because her back was faced towards him.

"are you okay, mads?" maya asked as the girls danced.
maddie nodded and smiled, taking a shot of tequila.

camille and timothée made eye contact and camille put her head to the side, as if asking him "what happened". timothée simply shrugged his shoulder.

the girls danced the rest of the night, occasionally taking breaks to catch their breath and look for sarah. eventually, as always sarah came up to the girls begging to go home.

maya helped the girls to the car, her being the designated driver and not drinking. maddie smiled and kissed her cheek as she brought maddie to her side of the car.

"you okay?" maya asked as she was about to close maddie's door. maddie shook her head, "no". maya nodded and said "let's talk bout it tomorrow, okay?".

maddie gave her a small smile and leaned her head on sarah, who was in the back seat with maddie.